GoKunming Forums

Real GK Meetup

vicar (817 posts) • 0

If we can meet up in a mixian joint with dudeson, count me in

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Yes, this is for those who do not need a mask in life. This thread is seeking participants, not those who are NOT interested.

The purpose of this meeting is to meet, talk, find things we may have in common and bring civility and freindship to the GK forums.

vicar (817 posts) • 0

As you mentioned earlier alien some anonymous members could complicate matters for people that reveal their identities. A mutual face to face meet on the other hand would do without the anonymous trouble makers

One-Hit Wonder (89 posts) • 0

yeah, civility my ass. when someone disagrees with you on the forum, you seem to be very quick to become uncivilized. and in real life you're any different?

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

I'll put it like this... If at least two others agree to meet I'll join. Nothing ventured, nothing gained I suppose.

zhudan (204 posts) • 0

Have to postpone my hiatus yet again (its coming Vicar not that anyone would care) for this one: Sit around with a bunch of American hating sh*t stirrers and enjoy the ambiance as they get drunker and drunker (I do not drink myself at all and hate to be around people who do) and who collectively become more full of themselves and begin spewing forth their pompous opinions and stomping on those that are not inline with their own does not sound like a fun time. why would I ever want to meet somebody who is supposedly from somewhere in the joke of a land called Africa but calls America a cess pit. I would never ever want to. And is Matt Miller going to be there? Actually, I think he might be cool. I mean, of course, MickeyH. Sorry. I used to be on here as BillDan. That is a contraction of my real name and ZhuDan is my Chinese name. 朱丹。I am not afraid. I changed my account when the wonderland of China took down Gmail and I needed a new account linked to a an email I could access quickly. I actually got an invitation from Matt Miller in one of his old guises to be treated to a dinner, I guess to show me how great KM food was. I declined, as I did his offer to contribute a post to a blog he ran, because I just felt there was an agenda. A hidden motivation. But I may have been wrong too. In any event he was not going to pull some Hannibal on me, but I am aware of my vulnerability and sudden isolation here in China. More than likely others are too. They can be supportive or exploitative. If you are not an alpha dog these things never go well. I am not. I am a tail between its legs omega mutt.

I have met two people from here and they were cool guys. One guy unloads some angry diatribe here now and then but actually he was a pretty cool guy in person. The other guy is always a gentleman in person and here. A GoKM role model. I would assume there are others here like that too and I would like to meet a couple people here, but these meetings things often have agendas though I am not saying Campo has one. I feel he may be trying to cool things down here between some of the regulars. I do not think he has a plot. But personal agendas would be inserted and injected. Not by every person, but by some. It is how people are. I doubt I could not feel paranoid and overly sensitive. Especially if I sat by Alien. I would feel so inferior. I would stammer and worry if I pronounced my word correctly in an attempt to get his approval. I so desire him to approve of me you know.

I feel it is bad idea myself and caution against for certain personalities. Like my own. And if people were curious about another person and wanted to extend an offer of casual friendship why not just send that person a PM and make an offer there for a one on one meeting. I think groups, even small ones, are like forums and people put on fronts and do the one up stuff and pretty soon everyone wants to see who has the biggest one. If that rocks your world go for it. And I doubt I could long stomach listening to how America has ruined the world and if you disagree you're a Nazi. I can't stand to be in the same room with idiots like that.

And to be honest, I am not really in the cool GoKM club anyway and no one here would actually give a shyte if BillDan/Zhudan showed or not. And that is cool too. Despite what some people have said here I do have a life outside the forums and even though I do not work (I am on a spousal visa now and worry about the tight restrictions these days) I have things I do and can get tired from them. Yea, I do not have a single foreign/English speaking friend right now. I may even have came here at times in the past wondering if I might meet someone my age and who shares some similar interests. But in the end I would caution against revealing your real identity here to the group. The two guys I mentioned earlier have never revealed that they met me and know me or used anything they knew about me against me here. Maybe someone like Napolean could be the same, could be very interesting and sharp, but he thinks America is a cess pit so why would I want to meet him or he meet me since I think America is the number one country in the world today, even if we have to suck on Trump on Clinton. I just cannot be friends with someone like that in real life.

But, for the alpha dogs with the big wieners, this might be just the thing. Who knows. I gotta get back to my hiatus now.

Related forum threads

Login to post