GoKunming Forums

Real GK Meetup

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

www.gokunming.com/en/forums/thread/6338/gokm_forum_meetup - Unlike this make believe meetup.

Real GK Meetup - Rules of engagement:

1 person must bring a laptop so each person in attendance can make a comment on the GK forum so we can all verify that persons identity?

Anyone who can not/will not log in or forgot their password or any other lame excuse will be asked to leave.

Any takers? Place and time to be determined. Each person pays his own way and 1 person will be elected as host or chairperson or whatever you wish to call that person.

Any takers? Hugo is ready.

After we get a few names we can elect a host and then each person can send a PM to the host and we go from there. Then we can choose a place to meet without the paparazzi. But I am sure their will be 1 who will manage to sneak in.

I had the pleasure of meeting 3 good people a few years back when we had a real meetup.

mickeyh (119 posts) • 0

I suspect that there would be some good ass-kickings that day.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I like the idea that speech can remain free here, as it does not have to lead to complications between real people in the real world of matter and the 5 senses - and even here, posters seem to want to emphasize other posters' characters, etc., rather than just deal with what they have to say about whatever the subject may be.
So I've got nothing against you, Campo, but count me out.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I am certain there will be no ass-kicking because those anonymous with the Guy Fawkes mask will never surrender their mask and reveal their true identity.

Thanks Alien, but fortunately, not everyone thinks like you. Some people are not afraid of being seen and anonymity is not an issue for them.

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

Tried this kind of meetup on here before and just ended up with me and tiger. For some reason a lot of people don't like the idea of showing the face behind the avatar.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Fortunately, not everyone is so paranoid. As I mentioned before, I met 3 good people from this forum a few years back and we all got along fine and our interaction on the forum has always been cordial, civil and friendly.

So that means there are least 6 people who have nothing to hide and are willing to meet in real life.

vicar (817 posts) • 0

Sounds like a good idea but alien does have a point.
A masquerade party would work where undoubtably the masks would start coming off as the night and baijiou wore on. Then we'd wake up in the morning with loads of new wechat contacts and still be none the wiser.
The meet up is a great idea for those willing and should go ahead. I'm not decided

Related forum threads

Login to post