GoKunming Forums

Advices on buying a Chinese brand car

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

Qoros. Good and good looking car. Modern design so not as overweight as other Chinese cars. I think they don't sell many cars because it actually is a very good looking car and Chinese love ugly cars.

Some time ago I happen to be at the Tesla dealer. A pretty good looking car, especially for something coming from the states. The dealer had put stick-on diamond strips around the dashboard and over the T from Tesla on both the steering wheel and bonnet. His comments where that the car sold much better now.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

a bit like the chinese 2 stroke moped with motor that sounds, 'bliiiing bling bling bling bling bling'

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

Put an "I love killing Japanase/ I hate Americans" sticker on it. Sales would skyrocket.

5 jiao investment and huge profit!!! lol

vicar (817 posts) • 0

If I had to choose a Chinese car for use in China (which I wouldn't) I'd go for the Haval H6 sport (you should check out the H2 - H9 series and see what suits you) for the following reasons:

It has all you need interior
Quite nice exterior
Can handle off road / bad roads in China
Easy accessible and cheap spare parts
Reasonably priced
Popular choice as a cheaper option

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

chinese suv seem better suited to the roads here than many other crossovers and import suv. for one thing the road clearance is much higher. include nissan paladin in this bunch too. oting version of same is cheaper too. great wall, landwind (mitubish shogun), haval. avoid mongolia auto version of hyundai santa fe.

vicar (817 posts) • 0

Cars perform differently at higher altitudes - another thing to consider if you are after power nearer shangri-la / tibet region

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

fuel injection and enging mgt systems sort out most altitude gremlins, so dont get a car with caruburettor

debaser (647 posts) • 0

imported cars don't cost that much more than Chinese models but you won't get all the cheap, plastic 'extras'. Suzuki (alto, Swift) and Honda (Jazz/fit) are worth a look, especially if you want a smaller car. One of the main advantages - there's more reliable safety and other information available for them.

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

@Dazzer is right
Everything better than carburetor [even old K-jettronic and L-jettronic] engines will measure the air volume and adjust the fuel injection in the piston chamber.

@debaser
I agree with you. It's not that Chinese cars look crappy, it's just a numbers and quality game.

Related forum threads

Login to post