GoKunming Forums

Subway Sandwich Shop

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Anyways, why are we getting excited about subway? It's not like we couldn't get a decent sandwich here. Sals or French make some nice ones. Subway ain't bad, but honestly it's more for the experience and cleanliness and seeing that lineup of fresh ingredients. The sandwich itself is pretty mediocre.

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

You don't have to buy into the subway marketing scheme. I am not trying to become a fan, wearing their t-shirts and merchandise.
It is by definition 'Fast Food' but every sandwich is fast food by definition
Anyone who ever made a meal for themselves, knows that all brand, fast food or not, -advertise BS.

I dunno maybe Americans are more prone to believe in advertisement. But I think a little bit of common sense and you know what they show on TV is not what you get.

I have never seen an advertisement for subway, I just look at what's in the food.

About chicken wings,...do you have any idea what they put in CW? Go to Carrefour or Metro and read the label....take some time. Little hint, it's not just chicken and wings...lol

Subway is fast food, but it is higher [better] than McDonalds, because they use more fresh and less unhealthy produce.

I have been around Kunming for a while and we eat out a lot [family thing]. But there is no cheap and healthy alternative. We like Japanese food, Chinese food, some is cheap but not cheaper than subway.

For someone accusing me, of not getting out trying local food, I am amused by the fact, that you don't know gare de sud, which is one of the best local eateries, and quite cheap. Actually some dishes have the same price tag, as their counterparts in shabby little eating-dives.

And as I said before, I like Chinese food. I just don't think that Kunming has any local food, other than over the bridge noodles and mixian.

Over the bridge rice noodle, the cheapest I could find [with cold cuts] is 32RMB.

As I said, from any angle Subway will beat Kunming snacks any time. Health, price and nutrition.

One-Hit Wonder (89 posts) • 0

No, I don't agree Dudeson.

Having an omelet in a local restaurant is healthier and cheaper. Maybe not as good taste-wise? Taste is highly subjective.

Maybe we should get a team consisting of a certified registered nutritionist and a Michelin chef to settle this debate for once and for all.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

Most of the ideas on this thread are subjective and I wouldn't want a chef deciding what tastes good for me.

An omelet vs. a Subway sandwich? I'll be hungry 20 minutes after the omelet.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Oh I did forget you can customize your sandwich at subway, for some that's a big reason.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

@One-Hit Wonder. I can't find any credibility in what you comment on after you chose to use shaokao in any comparisons.

@Alex, sorry I think it may have been a Korean place.

"I'll be hungry 20 minutes after the omelet."

Eggs have protein and technically protein should keep you full more than starch/noodles. But maybe you need to eat a lot? Not sure how much protein is in one egg.

Related forum threads

Login to post