GoKunming Forums

Good news for Mexican Food lovers in China

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Tried the one in sz 1st time around. Fajitas were decent Tex Mex style. I'd go back for those. Don't expect the 2nd time around will be the charm, and km won't see one before the sz ones fail again.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Authentic Mexican food? It's an American fast food chain.

Or in America is Pizza Hut authentic Italian cuisine?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

It's what Americans call Mexican food. It's really TexMex style. Yes, it's not real Mexican food. Like they could pull off a good mole anyways. And the restaurant was not fast food style. It was a pretty classy sit down affair with real silverware and full cloth napkins.

The salmon asparagus pasta at Pizza Hut is better than a lot of pastas from other places labeled Italian in Kunming.

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

Part of the same company as Kentucky and Pizza Hut so surprised they haven't already spread them all over China.

Do like a bit of Tex Mex :)

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Side note: the KFCs, Pizza Huts, and Taco Bells of China are unrecognizable to their American counterparts. They are nearly polar opposites.

zhudan (204 posts) • 0

Last time I was in Pizza Hut, in Nanning, I did not see a single person having pizza. It was all noodles, rice and chicken wings. My pizza had 5 pepperonis on it, hardly any cheese or sauce and cost 80 RMB. Horrible. And I am joking a tad in that Taco Bell is authentic Mexican food. Of course it is not. And it will never come out here to this one horse town unless they add Mole Mixian to the menu.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Mole mixian would be a hit in Kunming. Just don't say it's Mexico. Have to pretend it's from Spain or just label it Thai :)

Related forum threads

Login to post