GoKunming Forums

English corners in kunming

nnoble (889 posts) • +2

Appalling idea. Don’t even think about it! Sals is a place to relax, not a makeshift classroom.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • +2

if sals had an english corner going on when i arrived, i would about turn. not sure it would make business either. tables would be taken up by people nursing a coffee, when people might want to buy food. i have been to places where they even have rule that you are expected to buy a coffee, and people ignore this.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • +1

tgc nordica is a good venue for english corner, lost os space and geared up to take money on the door. no freeloaders, and i guess that people who spend 10rmb to get in will be a bit more serious about language used. thos who just wanna drink coffee can sit away from the english corner

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • +1

Nordica english corners are worthwhile. They are more organized and try to have a theme as it's part of the scandi interns jobs. Space and atmosphere are nice also, as mentioned.

bubblyian (102 posts) • +1

Green Lake EC is every Thursday 8-10pm, by the lakeside at the back of Green Lake Hotel. It is totally informal and always busy! Many Chinese and usually only me as a foreigner! I also host an English Corner on Sundays at Starbucks Linyuqiao 2-5pm. Non-smoking! Everyone welcome! Add me on wechat bubblyian.

Related forum threads

Login to post