GoKunming Forums

transfering visa to new passport

finlay (10 posts) • 0

anyone know how I can go about transferring my 10 year visa to my new passport? PSP says to carry both old and new passport with me....say what? Went back with a translator and 3 different people confirmed thats the way to handle it.

Quester (233 posts) • 0

No-one wants to take the trouble to transfer the visa to a new passport. I don't think that is a process that happens.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

lol @Scouser.

That is also what I had to do... carry both passports, although I didn't have a 10 year visa.

finlay (10 posts) • 0

Ok, I think I get it. Thanks all for the feedback. I need a visa stamp at the end of this month so it appears my one choice is to carry both passports. But for 10 years? Somehow that just doesn't resonate with any semblance of common sense.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I decided to transfer my bank account to my new passport awhile ago - took close to 3 hours sitting at the glass window while a bank clerk (new, I think) nearly drove himself out of his mind taking care of it in front of his superior without losing face - papers, signatures, computershit, etc. This all pissed me off at the time, but now it strikes me as funny. But I'll never bother with it again - too much hassle all around.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Yeah, it's simpler to actually close a bank account and reopen with new passport, assuming nothing is tied to old account.

As to carrying two passports, not much choice as visa has passport ID of old one in system. You could just get a new visa for your new passport, but kind of a pain time and money wise.

fishlips (9 posts) • 0

Just renewed my english passport and was told that I had to transfer the visa within 10 days of receipt. Your old passport is no longer valid so the visa sits in between worlds. Be careful, they're not using the same logic you and I might. Best go down to the PSB.

Related forum threads

Login to post