GoKunming Forums

Relocating Cats from China to the U.S.

AllieZ (3 posts) • 0

Does anyone know what documents or certificates are needed to bring cats from China to the U.S.? Also, where do we go to get these documents? Thank you for your assistance!

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

Different airlines have different requirements so you need to get their requirements. Some states require rabies vaccination; some will quarantine your pet on arrival so you have to check with your state regulations. The papers you need and shots would be gotten by vets here but usually certain ones have these papers.

Reese (6 posts) • 0

I took my dog to the US. I wasted a lot of time looking online how to do this. Waste of time. Bring your cat and it's "passport" and travel cage to your airlines office well before your flight. They will give you a paper receipt after you pay. Then with proof (any is sufficient) of it's shots bring your cat to the animal quarantine office, with the receipt . Your airline office can give you directions. They will give you a health certificate and an official rabies certificate. I did it in 1 day. I had no problems at customs.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Timing can be a factor too. When we brought our cats from Canada we misread the instructions on how long before the flight for the rabies shot and ended up having to reschedule the flight.

Choice of airline also makes a difference. We brought the animals from Toronto on Korean airlines for the simple fact that the stopover was in Seoul, but the animals were booked all the way through to Kunming. That meant no customs or quarantines checks at the mid-point of the trip. I would imagine that Korean flies to most major US airports.

Related forum threads

Login to post