GoKunming Forums

12345 - Mayor's Hotline

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Has anyone had any help through the Hotline? The 2-3 times my (Chinese) wife has rung it, they've just said it's not their business and told her to ring someone else.

vicar (817 posts) • 0

Maybe that's because the deputy Mayor at the time was under investigation so they were probably tied up

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Ocean, I have ALWAYS had all problems resolved and I have made well over 200 reports in the last 8 years.

I will use either of 2 methods to make a report. Simple reports are made by phone and more complicated reports with pictures and other attachments are done on the website. Using the website will show a reply and one can choose if they were satisfied or not satiesfied with the results.

Ocean - You will have to be clear and specific about what type of report your chinese wife made.

- The 2-3 times my (Chinese) wife has rung it, they've just said it's not their business and told her to ring someone else. - I truly find this very hard to believe.

All calls are recorded by the 12345 office so you will have to be very specific about what report she made. You can track your report by using the website as long as you kept the tracking number.

When I make a report I always give them a few reasonable suggestions on how to correct the problem and I ask for a timeframe when the work will be completed.

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

We reported a a huge outdoor video screen that literally day lighted our apartment from dusk to dawn. We did not need lights to read at night. They told us what the rules were. We and they called the advertising company. The sign took time to turn off and turn off on time but it went off by 10:30pm.

JeanDP (77 posts) • 0

HFCAMPO, purely out of curiosity, what was the content of the 200 reports? That seems like an enormous number from one person, but I am just curious as to what you reported.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Would you like a list? How can I explain 200 reports to you here. Most are for safety and sanitation issues. Piles of garbage on the side of the road, trimming trees because they hang so low that even a short person like me can not walk on the sidewalk (forced to walk on street), cleaning ditches that are crammed with trash, etc.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Just a few weeks ago, hanging wires from an electrical pole where the wires were laying on the ground directly at a bus stop. Kids were hanging and pulling the wires (safety).

zhudan (204 posts) • 0

"over 200 reports in the last 8 years". That comes out to about 24 or 25 reports a year, or two a month on average. Anyone who would do this must be slightly imbalanced, perhaps suffering from some sort of personality disorder. If I did this I would want help from a professional. People with these disorders tend to get banned from forum sites more frequently than others I notice.

Related forum threads

Login to post