GoKunming Forums

48V E-Bike - everything above considered illegal!

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

This is a great topic to address with 12345 - the Mayors Hotline - to get a clear answer as to what is legal and illegal. If anything, complaints will at least force them to update the regulations.

I agree with punishing the manufacturer or retailer for selling illegal products in Kunming rather than punishing the consumer who does not know at the time of purchase.

CromsonCromson (145 posts) • 0

@Xiefei & HFCampo: Thanks for the links! One very interesting point i found in the one for Kunming:

"。。。并告知消费者所销售的电动自行车是否列入昆明市电动自行车产品目录》。"

"...and inform the consumer that the e-bike they're going to sell is included in the catalog of Kunming City electric bicycle products."

"同时要求禁止销售不符合国家标准的电动自行车"

"At the same time required to prohibit the sale of electric bicycles whom do not meet the national standard."

Soooo, how is that enforced recently?

Colleague bought a new bike just yesterday, because his was stolen the night before. I told him my story, he nodded accompanied by a "没事" and went off to buy the new 80V scooter.

Of course the merchant told him, that he just can sell the 48V mini-princess-version, which also is very cheap.
The big ones have to be scrapped within a month, without compensation from big brother.

That's why i totally agree with HFCAMPO in the last point he made!

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

Cromson - "The big ones have to be scrapped within a month, without compensation from big brother." ...what does it mean?

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

Here's what I think is really going to happen. Over the next month, there will be a few big teams of cops set up at major intersections that will inspect a lot of bikes, fine some people, and confiscate some bikes. There will be a photographer to send pics to the press of how they're enforcing the new law.

Then... nothing. They'll crack down sporadically, but a year from now we'll probably forget the whole thing ever happened.

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

About a previous comment on quitting cycling for an e-bike, due to the smog, I'd like to point out wearing a mouth mask mostly fixes the issue. After trying many types, I settled with a Totobobo one, found on taobao. It seals quite well all around, avoiding non filtered air to flow near the nose ridge.

CromsonCromson (145 posts) • 0

@Alexez: The last three lines were just my imagination, the rest was true. ;)

Big Brother aka Gov
Big Ones aka Bikes over 48V

@Xiefei: You could be right (i hope so!), but you also could be wrong. China is improving quickly, there's a fifty-fifty chance. But Kunming is still on another page. :)

Related forum threads

Login to post