GoKunming Forums

Things to do in Chenggong 2016

fabshq (17 posts) • 0

Hello everyone

I'm a French guy,moved to Chenggong two weeks ago.
I read many posts but they're not very recent.
Any suggestions on things to do here?Any nightlife?Sport associations?Others?I'll be grateful.If some people want to meet up,expats and locals of course,you're welcome.My wechat: Fabskwarn

Best regards

FS

Serrure (132 posts) • 0

I've been in Chenggong for almost two years and let me tell you - nothing to do here. No nightlife cause universities close dormitories at 12 pm, so students cannot stay outside past that. It used to be a good place to do sports, but pollution has gotten worse due to the massive construction going on.

fabshq (17 posts) • 0

Thanks Serrure,I appreciate.Actualy when I arrived first word that came to my mind was:goulag(no offense to anyone,maybe later it'll be a nice area).So,ok,I guess I'll move in town.But I'll still be in CC on fri,sat and sun,if any other Robinson Crusoes around...

fabshq (17 posts) • 0

Thanks Serrure,I appreciate.Actualy when I arrived first word that came to my mind was:goulag(no offense to anyone,maybe later it'll be a nice area).So,ok,I guess I'll move in town.But I'll still be in CC on fri,sat and sun,if any other Robinson Crusoes around...

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

Well, its the best place for study. No distraction. Not many laowais around, so good for your chinese as well.

fabshq (17 posts) • 0

Well,I work here,and I think I'll improve more my Chinese if I meet people instead of nobody.Just my point of view,I respect yours.

cynthia12 (3 posts) • 0

Hello
my name is Cynthia,i saw your profile at gokunming
today and i become interested to know more about you,
so here is my e mail address ( c.sambo1@hotmail.com )
just contact me back so that i will give you my picture
for you to know whom i am please don't forget that distance
or color does not mean any thing but love matters a lot,
( c.sambo1@hotmail.com )
Yours New Friend
Cynthia:)

kingofthekerb (131 posts) • 0

well the Mikay bar in the walking street has pretty good live music 3/4 days a week. gets pretty hype on a good night, you should check it out

Reese (6 posts) • 0

Chenggong is a great place, especially for young people. We have a micro brewery, French cafe, American bars, live music, the best bbq and snack areas around, limitless college students, great SPA, gardens, cheap cost of living, a big number of foreigners living here, convenient subway, . Look for me on Wechat.

Related forum threads

Login to post