GoKunming Forums

Motorbike/scooter

christian4870 (68 posts) • 0

I read somewhere, that renting a motorbike/scooter for tourists without chinese driving licence is not permitted(possible? true? I personally travelled a lot in neighbor countries like vietnam and laos, thailand, philippines without problems..

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

chinese licence you need a motorbike licence back home and then you only need the theory test. memorise about 1000 questions and then get computer tick test, not sure if bike is available in english, think not.

Hotwater (205 posts) • 0

Electric scooters are very popular throughout China. I've rented one before in Yunnan (Shuanglang zhen near Dali). 38kph top speed but good for getting around town/the lake.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

Electric scooters are very popular. You can rent them in places like Dali and around the lake there. Max distance is of course limited. Dont expect more than max 50 Km.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

Around the lake (At Dali) is some 80 Km. With two people on a eBike you are not going to make it. (Also there are now several charging points on that route but that takes time).

Hotwater (205 posts) • 0

Best way to deal with the lake at Dali is to set off in the morning. Then find a restaurant for lunch that will let you charge the bike while you eat. Not sure how long it takes to fully recharge the battery though.

Woo_dy (8 posts) • 0

Does the international driving licence change something if I want to rent motorbike ? Can we find eBike in Shangri-La ? how much does it cost ?

Related forum threads

Login to post