GoKunming Forums

Save these dogs!

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

Sorry for changing topic a bit, but lets make a brief sideroad.

Alien, just an impression, so anyway, the impression is that the whole buddhist clergy is full of charlatans and quack doctors, its almost as if charlatans had some kind of tendency to be drawn to buddhism. Those charlatans who work hard anyway, become used car sellers and such, and those who want to take it more easy join the sangha.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Not disagreeing with you, Peter, it's just that Buddhism is present in the environment, and embodies actual principles against killing sentient beings (other than people), unlike, say, Christianity, Islam, Judaism. When such is the case, it might actually be possible to find someone who takes it all seriously.

xiaococo (53 posts) • 0

Thank you MPRin!

Yes a pig is as intelligent as a 3-year-old child. To me, it is also horrible to imagine pigs trapped in darkness their whole lives, I love pigs :'( To consume the flesh of an animal that has suffered means you also digest pain and suffering, it is tainted, I believe. However, sadly, many Chinese dog meat restaurants believe the exact opposite... I hope there comes a day where this does not happen.

My friend who works at Animal Asia, has also seen the whole eating a live monkey brain thing, horrible! They went in to get evidence it was happening, and stop it, they do amazing work.

Related forum threads

Login to post