GoKunming Forums

shooting gulls???

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

...quote from the article;
" Anyway, Chinese netizens have angrily commented that the two foreigners have disturbed the harmony that exists between Kunming and the gulls."
...what does that even mean?

Right we wouldn't want to disturb the wonderful and humane relationship between the common chinese with another species from the animal kingdom.
E.g. harmoniously burning dogs and other mammals alive to inflict more pain (aka roughening the meat, considered delicious in chinese culture).
or the times when city officiald smash a dogs head for sheer pleasure. Just cause the owner was homeless and although the dog was chained and the leash in the man's hand. The harmony overcame, as when the hang homeless dogs at bridges and burn the ones that didn't die. Because,harmony dictates it that way.

So what these foreigners did is terrible the did something to these doves, which the doves didn't even notice or cared about. The main crime is that they were foreigners.

My advice to those unharmonious monsters, torture the doves, put 'em on fire,extend their misery as long as they could and throw em in the trash. Just be harmonious. If you don't want to make a spectacle use some asian make up or masks, so that nobody will bother you.

P.S. i really wonder if anyone would have noticed if the (air)shooters would have been chinese?

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

News that evening said it was a Seppo and Saffie in the photo.

Now before we all dive into how Americans shouldn't be let near guns let alone allowed out their own country, or enter into the kind of excusers diatribe above - The gun was fake.

The news reported that it was fake, that the offenders were apprehended by police, that they were pointing it for photo purposes and this was varified by one lady in the photo - who it turned out was a bread seller.

The dead seagull photos were from a few year ago, showing seagulls that had died at the lake or been caught by cats.

It was just your average American gun loving moron with his Soutpiel mate looking for an interesting photo, to get a few likes for chasing skirts on their wechats.

excuser?
whats to excuse? what those (foreign monster) criminals did is so terrible, that millions of young chinese children do at the very scene of the crime, every day. well, if they are not busy, pointing their gun at other Asians shouting "kill the tiny japanese dog etc". (as an american that should alarm you).
Even in a make believe Zimbabwe, that shouldn't make fuss beyond a headline in the range of

"Toy Gun Jackassery of two infantile kids, outraged in national xenophobic outcry to beat up foreigners, due to their fault of EVERYTHING and THAT STUFF,... remember?

But a foreigner playing with a toygun posing for a photo. Oooooooohhhh mmmmmmy gggggggoddd.
How can they treat animals so badly, foreign devils.
hihihihi haha hehe

No seagulls were killed, no foreigners were beaten up.

I fail to see the source of your outcry.

Just a silly thing to do. You expect it form a few 6 year olds, that's part and parcel of kids play. When adults do it, there is an excusable reason for misunderstanding.

yeah that was my point. two foreigners played with a toygun. That some chinese were angry as these guys, for messing with the harmony of bird and man,doesn't strike you as a bit over the top or xenophobic?

and do you think the same article would have been written if 2 chinese guys had done that?In a country that is generally atrocious to animal?

I don't see Xenophobia at all.

I see two foreigners acting dof, the media quite rightly picking up on this, the police investigating and moving them on, then a woman appearing on the news to say they were two foreigners acting stupid but not doing anything malicious.

Surely if any aspect of Xenephobia was apparent then the outcome would have been different.

They picked up on a specticle and reported it accurately. The other 99% of the Kunming news that day was all about the Chinese and what they had done, good AND bad.

In this instance you're looking to become the victim when you needn't be. Save it for when there is evidence of unjust.

...of course!

i repeat....toy gun + foreigner = angry chinese.

that you think that is normal news, doesn.t surprise me. i think. people being angry at two jackasses because they are foreigners is pretty xenophobic. for breaking harmony.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

toy gun + seagulls = angry chinese
+ forgigner = surprise novelty value

remember the big hoo haa over the chineses guy with had a gull by the legs to take photo in green lake a few weeks back that made national news

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Dudeson, who are "the Chinese" of whom you speak?
The article was about 2 foreigners doing a fairly idiotic thing. It all led to nothing.
Calm down.

Related forum threads

Login to post