GoKunming Forums

Looking for foam "mattress" shop

SJayne (33 posts) • 0

Heya, I know this is an old thread... just wondering if anyone knows whether the foam place listed in this thread still exists, or if there are similar such places around Kunming.

Failing that, if anyone knows where I can buy a decent, Western style mattress (not the Y6,000 ones from Ikea), it would be much appreciated.

Thanks folks :)

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +2

We bought mattresses for my brother-in-law online, and had them delivered to his address. More choice and much better pricing.
If you want to try, well what can I say, even a cheap mattress in a shop is great for a month.
www.ikea.cn/[...] Even a real Ikea mattress can be had for under 700. And the real IKEA deliver, and have a Xmas/ 20 Year Sale right now.

Otto Melon (46 posts) • +1

DaShangHui 大商汇 market, off QianXingLu 前兴路, off GuangFuLu 广福路

From DianChiLu end, take GuangFuLu, go past Aegean, past the overpass, turn left onto QianXingLu. (If you get to the new Metro on the right of GuangFulLu you have gone a little too far.)

On QianXingLu, after about 300m turn right onto ShangHuiLu, and you are in the DaShangHui fabric market area. Look out for the bus stop (end of the line for the 181), cross the canal, then turn left onto HuiShangLu, following the canal on your left. After about 200m you've gone as far as you can go on this road. Turn right onto a slightly larger road, HuiYunLu. You will see the foam shop about 50m on your left.

Foam of all thicknesses and densities. Owner is friendly and helpful and will deliver.

If the following link works for you, I would say it is directly opposite DingLi Business Department:

www.google.co.uk/[...]

SJayne (33 posts) • 0

Thanks everyone so, so , soooo much for your help! I was really dreading having to sleep on the 2" thick spring thing, purporting to be a mattress,

that my house came with.... I'll go and check these places out... I'm sure I'll find what I need :)

Such a pain I cant use Taobao without I Chinese bank account! :(

AdwoaAbokoma (25 posts) • 0

The price offered by online shops is normally cheaper and there will be discount during the Christmas time. The easiest way might be to find a friend with Chinese bank account to help to pay online. But you can try the product in shops. The shop is on the 3rd floor of 明波得胜店老明波家具城斜对面西市区马街镇石安公路旁的云安会都酒店旁边).

Related forum threads

Login to post