GoKunming Forums

Where to buy DVD

jsimmo02 (1 post) • 0

i know there are many older post about where to buy DVDS and tv shows, but im new to the area and struggeling to understand exactly where things are located.

I found the dvd shop, on Wenhua next to the Wenlin police station, but after going by there yesterday it seemed to have moved, closed, or is shut down to remodel.

in comparison to Wenhua, are there any other dvd shops close by? or any that are easy to find?

Thanks for the help!

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Yuantong bridge. Underneath the bridge, look next to fruit seller shop.

Check the wenhua shop in a week. They do a disappearing act every now then.

Shoei (78 posts) • 0

i would suggest buying those tv boxes if you can. im a dvd addict too but since the internet of residentials have gone faster and people tend to watch movies etc on their computer and tv because even internet companies provide those tv boxes now if you get internet. its so harder to get dvd anymore. last time i bought was at the north where if you see the walmart at bei jing road. you take a left or that intersection wherein you will end up going to yun nan yin xiang or the xiao qu where it was develop by yang li ping.

the dvd shop is in between that area, close actually to walmart. by walking you will pass the small creek or river and its on the right side.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Most Chinese are streaming now, and so the DVD market has collapsed. A lot of places have closed down. If you do a search on here, there have been a couple of recent threads on streaming sites. This should satisfy your needs. Either that or torrents should do the trick.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

The place on Yuantong Jie between the LianYun hotel and the Fudian bank towards Beimen Jie has a good selection and they will use their computer to find movies that you can't see in the shelves. They are also honest about the quality of the movies. Some people may want to see a movie as soon as possible but if that's not what you want they will tell you to wait till they have a better quality version.

Related forum threads

Login to post