GoKunming Forums

Eatery near O'Reilly"s Beichen

Daithi (426 posts) • 0

Can anyone recommend a place to eat very near O'Reilly"s in Beichen? Cheap and cheerful would be best.
Thanks!

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

There's a half-decent Louisiana restaurant across beichen zhong lu, and if you continue past the flower pots near oreillys there's a very good miantiao restaurant. Gianormous portions and best broth I had in a long time.

EAT

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

There is a Kaifang restaurant. Cheap and pretty tasty. Mostly dongbei cuisine, so not spicy and dumplings. Just look for the very busy place off the main road intersecting the main drag. Another place on main drag sells tiny tasty BBQ pork skewers for 1rmb each.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

if you come out of irish pub turn left, walk to big road and then cross it. there are a couple of more places there. i think wicker basket is still there and they have a kind of chrsmas menu. not expensive

Tim Verplancke (28 posts) • 0

If you come out of the pub turn right go past the frog fountain keep going down the pedestrian street and there is a chinese noodle shop, all the chairs and tables are made of bamboo if I rmemeber correctly and you'll know its the place if you go at noon or 6pm always full. 15rmb a gigantic bowl :)

Daithi (426 posts) • 0

Cheers Tim! By the way I checked out O'Reilly's for food too cos I have been there very often for your excellent Guinness (I'm David from Ireland) but there was only a couple of vegetarian options. I hear your food is good though too.
Cheers

Tim Verplancke (28 posts) • 0

Yeah we don't have much vegetarian options, although we've expanded with chinese snacks (many without meat) and in the new bar on Dongfengdong lu we now have chinese lunch sets. Will keep it in mind for any future events ; buffet or BBQ to have some vegetarian choices :)

Related forum threads

Login to post