GoKunming Forums

Christmas menus

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

It's getting to the time when I think about where to eat my xmas lunch/dinner (on the 25th).. but I have't seen any xmas menus yet. Anyone know if wildfire do anything different on xmas?

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

You're a bit previous. No?
There's still 18 days to Christmas.

Are you one of those people who's had the tree up since October?

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Some places do take reservations and get fully booked for an event like Christmas. As for wildfire, I would just look for any excuse to go there.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Sal's doesn't do anything for Xmas. They should at least food color the tortillas red and call it a Christmas burrito.

Haali, Starbucks can make some Christmas drinks for you, and I think KFC did something Xmassy on their menu :)

For real though, I'd check the Intercontinental. Seems most international five star hotel chains on the planet seem to offer some kind of Xmas dinner or buffet. Too bad the Sofitel hasn't opened yet.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

16 days now Nap! Xmas is our engagement anniversary so I wanna go somewhere a little bit special. Last year we ate at aussie bite, food was very good, but in terms of the decor etc its not that amazing.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

For everyone's info:

Intercontinental have 4 prices for their xmas buffets:
888 - in the normal day restaurant, no show, soft drinks but no booze.
1688 - in the Grand Ballroom where there is a show, draught beer included, traditional xmas puddings.
1888 - same as above but presumably with some wine or something.
2288 - I guess you get champagne or something.. at least I would hope so for that money!

Wildfire has 3 prices:
788 - on the 2nd floor
988 - on the 1st floor
1288 - on the 1st floor, includes steak

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Those prices are outrageous! Have you considered KFC? I'll check what the prices for 1st vs basement floor at my KFC is, get back to you :)

Related forum threads

Login to post