GoKunming Forums

Check scooter batteries

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

Batteries for E-bikes come in series. This means that basically when they perform badly all of them have to be replaced. So unless you have a new set that performs badly it is no sense to check them. (Checking a badly performing set that is brand new makes thus sense because that might indicate that one ((or more)) batteries were dead from the start and should thus be replaced)
Just get a new set.
You probably will see that the old batteries will have leaked or even have blisters.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

If the machine is 12 months old or older, and has been used regularly, you will probably need new batteries. As long as the machine can get you from your usual A to B and back, then that is sufficient.
If you go to a battery shop for a check, they will probably try and sell you new batteries, no matter what.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Spartans carry their e-scooters, so the batteries don't quickly wear out.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

The battery "experts" that seel batteries have 2 tools at their disposal. A screwdriver and a multimeter. That is all they know.

However, battery health is not about the voltage it puts out. It is about the amps under load. They have no concept of what this is or the means to test it properly. So the short answer is to sell you more batteries when only 1 battery has a problem.

I have have e-bikes here over 10 years and been to a number of battery shops. They are all the same. Nothing professional about any of them.

I might suggest you take your e-bike to a car dealer that would have the correct battery tester to test your batteries. Me? I just buy a new set and move on.

Related forum threads

Login to post