GoKunming Forums

furniture store location

Silvio DaVinci (282 posts) • 0

One stop shop: taobao.
We buy all our furniture items on there if it has to be quality, easy assembly and cheap. Delivery is cheap or free sometimes.

11 Furniture isn't that good of a bargain.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

11Furniture (11 Jiaju): overpriced. You can get a much better deal from Taobao for the same item. Good thing is that you can check the actual quality.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

There is a wholesale furniture area, on google map it is called Mingbo Furniture Supermarket, but it is actually 3 huge sheds. It is on the south side of the KunAn/HangRui G65 highway, about 3km west of the Er Huan Lu interchange by DaGuan Park. It is on the opposite side to the lumber market, and about 1km west.
We got some fairly good solid wood kitchen chairs for about 200rmb each.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

11Furniture (11 Jiaju) is not cheap but the prices marked are not out of sight. You can get a discount card as well. I would rate the quality as pretty good.

Most importantly, to me anyway, was that delivery and setup was included in the price. And, it was painless and trouble free.

There are two locations downtown and Guangfu Lu.

The website: www.11jiaju.com/

I bought about 12,000 yuan worth of stuff bed & mattress, sofa, dining table, bookcases, chairs, carpet, rocker, computer desk, coffee table and a 3 section closet thing plus accessories all delivered and set up. I was was happy with all of it.

voltaire (225 posts) • 0

Like I said, the 11 place are good for stuff you want to look at and buy immediately in the furniture category. Taobao's drawback is it takes time (non-immediate), often requires assembly and you can't actually see the item ahead of time in the 'flesh'. I wouldn't recommend 11 for all items (eg. lighting) but they do have some decent deals on decent non-crappy pieces of laminated budget furniture.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@voltaire: Several items I bought were solid wood but I was looking for it. But you are right most was laminated stuff.

For me the cost/quality/value/convenience/service calculation worked. I would have not enjoyed doing the delivery and assembly my self.

After about a week wait, in one day I went from an empty apartment to fully furnished and functional living space. It was more trouble getting the gas turned on.

Related forum threads

Login to post