GoKunming Forums

Best weekend trips from Kunming?

_shara_ (98 posts) • 0

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has recommendations of where would be interesting to go outside Kunming for the weekend (e.g. leaving on Friday afternoon and returning on Sunday). I have been to Dali but nowhere else really yet. Preferably without flying, thanks :)

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

www.gokunming.com/[...]

1 - If you are history buff like me you will certainly love this old place - Stone Dragon Dam Hydro-Power Plant - 石龙坝水电站 - Anning

2 - That evening you can go to the Hot Spring resorts in Anning.

3 - Take the train to Qujing - 1.5 hours and then enjoy the sights in Qilin District, Qujing.

4 - Luoping, Qujing - Go see the 9 Dragon Waterfall - Go again in April to see the Yellow Rapeseed fields.

5 - Chuxiong - 2 hour ride and go see the Yi Peoples Old Town. Can be seen from the highway. Also climb up to the top of the pagoda that is directly in front of the rest stop along the highway.

6 - Go to Yuan Mou, Chuxiong and see the SOIL forest. This is a good time to go as there are NOT many people there.

7 - www.gokunming.com/[...] - Go see Shi Yang Old Salt Town in Chuxiong or Heijing Old Salt Town in Chuxiong.

8 - www.gokunming.com/[...] - Go see Nuo Deng Old Salt Town in Yunlong county, Dali. many beautiful old bridges to see in that area.

www.gokunming.com/[...]

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

About Luoping, we went there March two years ago, and the rapeseed blooming had already ended. It was a dry winter, but I would not recommend to go later than early March in any year.

Related forum threads

Login to post