GoKunming Forums

YunDa is paked

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

This year Yunnan Da Xue ( formal one ) is quite packed with new students. When in previous years 10 students in class ( which is reasonable number ) was in avarage, now number is doubled. No bigger classrooms are available so people sit by 3 in row. I had no desk today for examp. Feels like in Chinese train :-) It affects the efficiency and therefore quality of study, since not much opportunity to speak due to many people in class. Ive already paid for this semester but thinkig of changing the school for the next one. Can anybody recomend anything ? ( student visa required ) . Anybody has a bad experience with getting transfer cert. from Yunda? ( just while ago some student here was threated by different school to get his visa cancelled if He changes his school,without giving him enough time to sort it out ) .

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Dude! Be careful the word is 'packed.'

The Salem folk might think you are talking about people from Pakistan and get all frothy and excited. :-)

ldblo (11 posts) • 0

Yunda as a whole seems to be heading in a downward direction with the administrative change towards higher profits and an overall drop in competency throughout the institution. Good luck!

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

As far as I know, if you are in the middle of a 4 year BA then it will be very, very difficult to transfer schools.

How it works here is that you start and finish your studies in one school, there is no credit transfer when starting in another school so this makes a change mid degree almost impossible.

Even on the foundation courses here there has to be absolutely no credit transfer to the foreign university as well otherwise the course doesn't get validity from the ministry of education here.

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

Im not a graduate student, only language - pay & play . Speak of transferring credits for grad.students, we had that discussion with our teacher year ago and we were told its not a problem. Might be different from BA, I dont know.

What the problem seems to be is that each university designs it's courses and one university will not recognize the course of another, regardless if it is the same subject, in the same province, validated by the same ministry.

It's not even that you've studied 3 and a half years in Tsinghua and want to transfer to some rural technical college for the last term (no one would, I'm just making the reference to downgrading schools), chances are you would still get denied in most cases.

Oh, well if you can and you're not happy then go for it. What you may find is that given a few weeks a lot of the students wont show up and you'll have a desk back.

Related forum threads

Login to post