GoKunming Forums

How to expatriate money from China?

Kernalpanx (74 posts) • 0

Interesting I just transferred from my Beijing bank 350000 rmb directly to my step daughters account in Canada where she is studying and living. No special conditions. Did this twice last year. I arranged everything over the phone with docusign .... Got text it was sent and three days later confirmation. I also do all my Chinese taxes and living as a none resident Canadian.

I use to have a Bank of America credit card that you could pay via construction bank ... I would over pay it.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

The 50k is a limit for anyone, Chinese or foreigner. The only condition I am aware of is that it needs to be sent to personal accounts for personal or educational expenses. The only corporate or institutional account allowed, again would have to be related to education, like a university. Info is two years old.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

AlexKMG, you sure about that? I was told at the BOC that they need a Chinese ID number to send money out with no documents.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

And remember you need your employment documents to be able to send large amounts home. 70percent of your income.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Best way - Get a Chinese friend (Who you trust inexplicably) to send it to your foreign bank account from the BOC.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

@Yuantongsi. I think no documents besides your passport are needed if you are sending to another person's account. Again, I tried two years ago, but it seems to still be the case as Kernalpanx recently did it. I'm sure if you're sending it to yourself, then maybe more questions and docs required.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Does anyone know how much foreign currency you can physically take out of China legally. I found some websites which quoted $10,000 per person, but they were dated 2007 and I imagine things have changed.

Related forum threads

Login to post