GoKunming Forums

Men who beat women

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Having been here a while, I saw and hear too many times about men beating their woman, children, beating one or few people in larger groups, or using objects to beat someone else. I don't condone violence, but you rarely see them putting themselves one on one opposite another man of their own size, face to face (no surprise attacks from the back). Yet, they are considered real men if they down multiple shots of baijiu, smoke and visit prostitutes or cheat on their woman. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

mano a mano is not part of the culture. its not how you play the game, its winning or losing. if me an 10 of my mates kick the crap out of you, i win. kinda sucky aint it?

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

I went to the Sichuan restaurant the other day. The waitress came over and I noticed she had a black eye and welts on her arm. 'What happened to you?' I said. She told me that she had fallen down the stairs at home.

So I made sure to speak slowly and clearly when telling her what I wanted as she obviously has trouble taking orders.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

I was talking to a few girls who all said they got beaten up one time or another, even by the men in their family, husband, father, uncles, brothers. Also, I've seen several times women getting beaten up in the streets here and in Beijing. I've only seen two guys of the same size fighting each other once. That was outside a club in Beijing, but one of theem ended up picking up a rock.
So, that got me thinking.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

I have blue eyes, I got them from my father.

It's strange as my mother has black eyes and she also got them from my father.

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

@Napoleon: You are cracking jokes about a torturous experience many women and children face every day. What does that make you?

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

@xiefei
i think that.s what people call deflecting or ignoring the issue. for some it.s a pink cloud world so when other people say, there may be rain. then you are lying or pessimistic.

my wife, my friends,plenty of colleagues have been beaten or attacked.

the cops don.t interfere with family affairs, and generally don.t care.

usually attacks happen for mianzi. the pack or group leader wants to mash somebody up. his friend must follow him, or he loses face.

my ex gf, asked one of the bystanders while i was trying to get as litlle butt-kicked as possible. some chin. friends told me, mst chinese only pick fights with people they know they can beat...or in packs.
thats somewhat. heroic, plus saying "we beat up that guy or lady" is proof enough.

even if you didn.t start any arguments or fights. just go to the closest police station, run, if you must.
it may feel weird at first, but being welcomed by up to ten guys, helping you to eat your own teeth and face, is much worse than eating a little pride

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.