GoKunming Forums

Kindly remind: be careful your words in public for

only4u (8 posts) • 0

Foreigners, if you are staying in China, be nice to the Chinese people and Chinese government. You can criticize something unfair for you, but if you are always hostile to Chinese people, Chinese government in public forum, you will be monitored and easily found out since you all always registered your address in police station. You will be considered as the potential threat to the social peace, you may also have trouble in reentering into China or renewing your visa.

marcuschen (178 posts) • 0

Yes, this is true. So many complain all the time, is impolite but that's life, but also need to realize that it's illegal in China to criticize the Party or government, and even to disrupt harmony by criticize Chinese customs.

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

@marcus,
according to what society or social rule is complaining impolite. Most certainly not in Chinese culture, I hear complaining non-stop. especially about other countries, cultures and western food. Same to foreigners here, so in the end we really are, all the same. ;)

May I ask if you are Chinese?

Most my Chinese friends openly admit that they are prone to complaining. You seem different.

It's a serious question, not to mock you.

@only4U
It depends, foreigners can write a bit more open than locals, cos of the language and we are suppossed to have a smaller and less open audience.
I think it depends a lot on what and how you say it. Check out the Chin. b.l.o.g.o.s.p.h.e.r.e, there is much nastier stuff going on than on the gokunming forum. Especially platforms where things could go viral are more threatening. wechat, qq, messsengers. A local expat websites forum, is not a main concern.

So if you put it in reasonable context and not to direct and not to harsh, they usually don't mind.

But of course you are right, and thanks for the warning!

Cheers!

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Good words to heed @only4U.
Every single country has its good things and bad things. For me, living here has been a positive thing. I don't plan on going back to the USA unless I have to.

chris8080 (226 posts) • 0

Have to be careful about these 洋鬼子, so many of them come here to disrespect the Chinese people and plot against the glorious Communist party

marcuschen (178 posts) • 0

nnoble, patronising maybe, but many foreigners here complain and whine about China. China have laws. You can whine and complain just fine, but you must know that it is not always allowed.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

I do not whine and complain and I have signed an official contract which I adhere to without even a hint of deviation. Furthermore, there are many foreigners using this forum who have been here since before you cleared middle school.

Related forum threads

Login to post