GoKunming Forums

Tiger Leaping Gorge Bridge

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

Today a friend who owns a guesthouse in Tiger Leaping Gorge put a layout design photograph on Wechat, of the huge bridge that will cross the tiger leaping gorge. This bridge is part of a motorhighway from Lijiang to Shangrila. (Please correct me if I am wrong, this is my understanding). Name of bridge: 虎跳峡金沙江大桥

Seeing this photography and design, all one can do is recommend to "see tiger leaping gorge now, before its too late".

voltaire (225 posts) • 0

I wouldn't worry as long as the bridge is at the western (Qiaotou) end, as it almost certainly is. If it's at the eastern end, then it's going to destroy the area.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

True, the Qiaotou end is already built up, so that would be ok. However, you never know with Chinese planning. Some official just draws a line on a map without regards. Case in point, not too long ago there were plans to damn up the gorge. It took protests to nix that. Sometimes I wish Tiger Leaping would get 5A to increase its protected status, even though that would jump tickets to over 150rmb.

scally (127 posts) • 0

I think what's been passed around on social media is a 2013 environmental impact assessment of a proposed bridge. It can found here:

www.doc88.com/p-8176875642751.html

Nothing in the news currently, but we will keep an eye out for it. If anyone has any new info, please post it here.

Related forum threads

Login to post