GoKunming Forums

Average rent of an apartment

Delibeli (21 posts) • 0

Hi

What is the average rent per month of a furnished apartment in Kunming's city centre? Not a huge place but perhaps a one or two bedroomed apartment with decent furniture.

Also where are the cheaper end of apartments located anyone recommend a specific area with nice apartments or which area to avoid if any?

Any info would be appreciated

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Rents here have gone up very fast. A one bedroom in a decent area will probably run about 1500-2000 unfurnished.

sbarella (105 posts) • 0

One-bedroom apartment near city center/ Wenlinjie and Green lake area: 1700-2100 furnished.

Two-bedroom apartment near city center/ Wenlinjie and Green lake area: 2500-3300 furnished.

Can get something cheaper if you live in the old buildings (but no elevator, low ceilings, less light, old plumbing, ...) or if you leave outside the first ring road. Check out Hong Shan Dong Lu area and North Train Station (Huo Che Bei Zhan), both not far from city center and probably slightly cheaper. If you' re willing to pay a year upfront you might be able to negotiate on the price a bit. 6 months/1 year upfront is usually normal.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Lots of cheap one and two bedrooms-between 1200-1500 over at Gong Ren Xin Cun, within the first ring, older buildings. A bit hard to contact landlords directly as most don't live in the area. Several estate agents on Ankang rd, but you'll need to part with a months rent as fee.

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

Also calculate your management fee and utilities.
Add another 300-500RMB/month, [depending on where you live], on top of your rent.
For management fee [or better; 'not-managing-at-all-fee], utility bills and internet.

SpartansSpartans (184 posts) • 0

Whoa, I'm glad I live in Chenggong. My brand new two-elevator building apt with a great balcony, bathroom and kitchen, free wi-fi, free electricity and water goes for 750 a month, lol.
I also have the luxury of paying it monthly.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Good deal Spartans! Could you put me in touch with your landlord if he has more apartments, thanks.

sbarella (105 posts) • 0

@The Dudeson's prices I wrote before are inclusive of management and other regular fees, but not Internet, water, electricity.

Crheine (17 posts) • 0

Also something I just learned from moving in is they want a years rent up front. That's a new practice from what I'm used to. In guangzhou I could put a month or two down and go month to month. Here a year seems standard. Something to keep in mind.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

When I first came here and heard of this it blew me away. 6 months upfront!!!!! 1 year upfront!!!!!!!WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You think I'm rich?

Related forum threads

Login to post