GoKunming Forums

Jewish and kosher connectiions in Kunming

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

I have a group of professional associates moving to Kunming this year who are Jewish. All the threads here are old on this subject. I am seeking information for them on Synagogues, celebrations, new years and groups, Kosher food places would be nice. You can PM me if you like.

English Tutour (123 posts) • 0

No synagogue or organized congregation here. The closest are Chabads in Guangzhou and Hong Kong. No kosher places or kosher food in Kunming. To place Kosher or Passover orders your best bet is Chabad Beijing (not sure if that's the correct name). They sell a wide variety of kosher products. There is also a Conservative Congregation in Beijing, Kehillat Beijing. As for kosher or parve food products, Carrefour and Metro in KMG have some that are well-labelled but no products together. Ordering specific products and brands on Taobao.com can be successful. Hope this helps.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Here is Beijing info:
www.chabadbeijing.com/[...]

I enjoyed the food at Dini's but that was years ago at the original location.

Chabad is very active in Beijing. I am not Jewish and know nothing of what they are doing. I did like the food at Dini's.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Isn't Kosher meat just meat with all the blood taken out? If so then that's what 清真 is (isn't it?) and that's all over the place.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

I think halal, Muslim, is primarily concerned with how the animal is killed while kosher involves many more rules and requires supervision by a rabbi. Seems rabbis are in short supply in China.

Related forum threads

Login to post