GoKunming Forums

Kunming Taxi Service Is Very Good

forlorn (68 posts) • 0

I used to live in Beijing, and the taxis there are very iffy at best. There, I was kidnapped and extorted by a taxi driver, refused many times, drive the long way many times, cursed and spat at, lied to, etc.

But I find Kunming taxi drivers to generally be honest, friendly, and accommodating. What do you think?

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Which idiot is going to catch that bait first? Suspens...

forlorn (68 posts) • 0

What "bait"? Have you lived in many Chinese cities? The taxhhis here are really good compared to many cities, dude.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

You've not been kidnapped here, therefore the taxi service is very good. Charitable of you not to set the bar too high.

forlorn (68 posts) • 0

nnoble, to the contrary, I find the taxi service here objectively good. Do you disagree?

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

After a decade here I've learnt to work around the clear deficiencies in the system as a whole and so I'm 'content'. However, I read about the experience of others, living in different areas of the city and who don't enjoy the luxury of being able to avoid the downside of a system that is objectively less than good. I'm quite happy to believe those on here who've been astute enough to avoid being kidnapped and not idiot enough to respond to click bait.

forlorn (68 posts) • 0

nnoble, if you have a problem with me, send me a private message, instead of clogging up the forum with your personal attack BS.

And if you think that the Kunming taxi system is "objectively less than good", perhaps you could give some details?

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

I have two main issues with the taxi drivers here: the difficulty of actually finding one who will take you somewhere, and their infuriating habit of changing shifts during peak hours.

The second one is particularly infuriating when they stop for you, decide they don't want to go where you're going (because it's not on the way to wherever they're going for dinner), and then leave you stranded.

This despite the fact that peak time shift changes and refusing fares have both been illegal for a long time.

I gave up and started using apps like Didi a long time ago.

forlorn (68 posts) • 0

Xiefei, I agree about the shift changes during peak hours. That can be frustrating. But I have never had a taxi driver refuse to take me somewhere. Where have they refused to drive you to?

Related forum threads

Login to post