GoKunming Forums

Do you know any meeting group?

liusha (7 posts) • 0

I have a friend who wants to find some friends outside of her work. She doesn't know where she could go to meet possible new friends. Can you please identify several different groups or meeting places that meet regularly that she might attend to meet possible new friends.

Such groups need to meet in the evenings or on the weekends.
Please provide location and contact information (and any cost information) for each group.
Thank you very much.

scally (127 posts) • 0

Have a look at the GK calendar. There are English corners, a book club and sports groups. Pretty much something every day of the week depending on what your friend is interested in. Dates, times, locations and costs are all listed:

www.gokunming.com/en/calendar/

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Hard to know what sort of groups might be of interest, but there are people meeting people everywhere - bars, cafes...

Darryl (32 posts) • 0

I organise a craft beer club, if that might be of interest to your friend? We have regular meetupds at 19:30 on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at a different bar each time - next Tuesday we're at Humdinger. We're bilingual so have Chinese and foreigners at all meetups. You can find more info at kunmingbeer.org, or like Scally said we're in the calendar.

Hopefully this message won't get deleted, like every other message I've ever posted about our fledgling, non-profit social group, or indeed anything beer-related.

Related forum threads

Login to post