GoKunming Forums

Visa free entry for Taiwanese Citizens in PRC

Harriis (19 posts) • 0

July 1 is the first day that Taiwan residents can visit the mainland without an entry permit.

Revised entry regulations announced last month mean Taiwan residents no longer have to apply for a visa-like entry permit for every visit. It generally took a week to 10 days to obtain an entry permit valid for two years at a cost of 170 yuan ($28) each time.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I am sure that this has little to do with people in Kunming, and nothing to do with the GoK community. Perhaps you should start your own China news Website. Then you can cut and paste to your heart's content.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I think this is very good news. Thanks Harriis.

I would really like to know if Chinese going to Taiwan will have similar lifting of restrictions.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

There are Taiwanese expats in Kunming too. Any kind of visa regulation information is appreciated. Thanks Harriis. Good info.

Harriis (19 posts) • 0

You are very much welcome...Few queries I can answer:
1)The nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 90 days:Andorra, Australia (Effective from January 1, 2015 for one year), Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K., U.S.A. and Vatican City State.

The nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 30 days:Malaysia, Singapore.

Harriis (19 posts) • 0

In case you wish India & see one of the 7 wonders of world,TAJ MAHAL....these are the recent visa regulations from MOE India.

Citizens of Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Djibouti, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands,Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, USA, Vanuatu, Vietnam can get a "Tourist Visa On Arrival". Its validity would be for 30 days, it would be valid only for single entry and is available only at the international airports at Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Trivendrum. This visa can neither be extended nor converted to any other kind of visa during the stay in India except in certain exceptional circumstances.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

wait.. people from all those countries now no longer need tourist visas? Are you sure!? My parents are coming next month, pretty sure they had to get visas!

Related forum threads

Login to post