GoKunming Forums

Looking for an English Speaking Doctor

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

Wow, natteeice, 80% of your posts on this site are recommendations for lexichina.com. If you are in fact an employee of this company's "marketing" department, you might bear in mind that most westerners are so jaded by a lifetime of devious, targeted, and unrelenting advertising tactics that a little bit of openness and honesty can be quite a breath of fresh air.

Bernie (101 posts) • 0

Having spent many years teaching English to medical doctors, especially those wishing to earn scholarships to travel abroad, I can understand your frustration. The problem is quite common; all medical students have mandatory English exams but, following graduation, it is not used. This creates an embarrassing situation where they lose 'face'. This does mean that, with some patience, communication is usually not as difficult as you might imagine. Of course, there is always the odd doctor who just doesn't like the English language, but there aren't many like that ... for professional reasons.

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

We have been very pleased with Richland Hospital. Many of the staff are able to communicate in English - - and they assign a "medical translator" to every foreign patient.

For further info - - call Lily at Richland 137-084-68175

ethniceast (33 posts) • 0

email me at ethniceast@gmail.com and i will give you the mobile number of the english speaker doctor in kmg. I can't post up the number here.

lummerlaoshi (130 posts) • 0

Have you tried Project Grace? It was a charitable hospital run by American doctors a few years back. I'm not sure if they're still around. Anyone have their current contact info?

Maude (32 posts) • 0

Project Grace shut sometime in 2008 but I think it's the same people who have just opened the Kunming International Clinic. It is still a charity in that the doctors are all volunteers but you do need to pay to see them. They have at least five Western doctors and good equipment for pretty much any test you might need. There is a 50 yuan registration fee on your first visit and I also had to pay 150 yuan for seeing the doctor. I think if you have any procedures done that price can go up. They are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

They are in the south of the city. Go to the entrance of Da Guan park 大观楼南园. From the park entrance, walk one block north, and turn left. The clinic is in the 2nd building on your left and is clearly signposted. To make an appointment ring 411-9100

It seems to be very well run and the doctor I saw was extremely nice and helpful.

racefire (2 posts) • 0

Yes, it is located in the BoYa Hospital 博亚医院 off of Guangfu 广福 Road in the south part of the city. The phone number during regular office hours is 6411- 9100. The hospital is located on the south side of Guangfu Road and right near the entrance to HuPanZhiMeng living area. 湖畔之梦小区。Go up to the 2nd floor.

Related forum threads

Login to post