GoKunming Forums

digital TV

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

anybody can suggest cable TV company in KM? We got only 1 offer 16 channels for almost 400 rmb/year. As I am familiar with this package from the past, I know that most of the channels are crap. I just watched CCTV 6, 9, 16 . In SZ we could choose from 3 different companies 300 rmb/year and had much bigger selection ( also HK TV ). So I consider this one as rip off.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

It may depend on your address. Everywhere we have lived in China we have had the same package. 64 free channels and options for pay channels you can do over the phone. Although I doubt if HK TV is available beyond SZ for mainland domestic digital services.

www.96599.cn

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

And why is nothing broadcast in HD? All TVs are HD these days, but its pointless if they signal isn't!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Blue Ray, HD downloads? As for digital cable, if the internet services are anything to go by....

For TV manufacturers it is probably cheaper to manuf. one global standard. Non HDTVs, if produced, would not be any cheaper.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Yes, get the one of the internet services. The one I know of has hundreds of foreign channels from America, GB, France, Italy, HK etc. I cant remember the price exactly but something like 1000rmb a year. Thats your best bet.

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

We have OK internet. Ive linked up TV to the router and we watch some movies online on "Best TV" ( its something like an app in our TV in main menu). But choices are limited and also movies r bit old. But my main concern is not the movies as much as just general TV chanels. I learn chinese so Im use to come home and turn on TV as a background. I like documents on CCTV9, but on their web they r in bad quality and sometimes keeps buffering quite a lot.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Get a Maige TV box. 400RMB sub and you get Everything. Can take the box to any location in the world and it works. Also MANY HD channels

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

I also have to buy a TV, and was tempted by both Xiaomi and leTV. I guess they include a basic channel package for free, plus extra paying ones. Is there somebody who has tried both systems and would suggest one or another one here in Kunming? Thanks

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Right, I'll spread the word.

Best TV is a Chinese option, it may have a few film and sports channels but its not the best out there by a long shot, despite it's name.

I can recommend a service from Shanghai. It has a premium package that has a very extensive foreign sports channels, movie channels, news channels, and entertainment channels from Britain, Australia, America, South Africa, Italy, France and duel language channels from Singapore, HK, Macau, as well as Japanese and Korean.

What this service is called I dont know. All I know is that it'll require your home to have a minimum of 10M internet connection to ensure you get a clear steady picture. You'll get a box and some how you link it to your TV.

Now, I haven't owned one of these myself, owning to my internet connection, but I have seen it in action and I know of 2 people who are over the moon with it.

All I can do is suggest you add the fella's Wechat and see if its for you. Its a2satv, his name's Jason.

See how that work's for you.

Related forum threads

Login to post