GoKunming Forums

Getting a cat vaccinated for travel to US

galatiassente (2 posts) • 0

Hello!

I need to bring my dog back to Italy. Anyone know more about the 3 months waiting period between the rabies vaccine and the departure date?

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

I'm looking into taking my dog back to the UK soon. The three month wait is a pain. America/ Canada don't have to wait three months. During this time look into getting microchip, tapeworm vaccinations and any other documents needed. Remember to get the microchip before the rabies vaccine so the chip number can be recorded on the official rabies cert. Correct me if i'm wrong but I believe you must fly within 7 days of getting the official rabies document saying your pet is rabies free.

Please keep updating your progress on this thread so we know any problems you've come across. Best of luck!

laofengzi (376 posts) • 0

remember some countries/state/county are subjec to a 6 month quaratine on arrival. any herding breeds will be quaratined in the US.

rabies shots must be at least 30 days before departure.15 months or older must of had shots 3 months prior.

if your pet is persribed sedatives you can give them perscirbed amount 2 hours before the flight, any extra pills must be thrown away before security screening.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

The government approved vet place in LongXiang Jie has moved. About ten meters up the street towards WenLin Jie. It looks much cleaner and nicer. It's directly facing the street.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

The place in Longxiang Jie says it can't put microchips in cats, only dogs. Does anyone know where I can get this done? Anyone had a microchip put in a cat?

Reese (6 posts) • 0

I brought my Dog to the U.S. a few months ago. After deciding paying a pet service company is a rip off I choose to do it myself. There is a government office on DianChi Lu that can issue you the paperwork. I had a cheap dog passport book with the dates of rabies vaccination from a random vet, and my dog with me. They printed an official rabies/health certificate for me. I then went to my airline's office and payed the pet fee and showed them the paperwork a few days before my flight. That's all I needed and I had no problems. US customs hardly even checked his paperwork. They just want the proof of rabies vaccination.

jluc777 (2 posts) • 0

Hi guys!

I need to bring back my cat to Europe. Who can give the exact address of approved vet and this

government office on DianChi Lu? Thanks for helping... Then I would make a tutoring on GoKunming of the exact process.

Thanks!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

It might also be worth checking with the airlines, to see what information they have on the requirements. They may also know what, if any, government office handles the certification.

Related forum threads

Login to post