GoKunming Forums

Westerner Thinking and Ways

marcuschen (178 posts) • 0

We have done posts on Chinese thinking and ways like "You think too much." How about Western ways that are more unique to it? Good or not so good? Food, a tendency to eat bland chemical fast-food crap? Always sit at Salvador's drunk in middle of day? Complain about everything but never experience real China? Only shop Western stores, eat Western food, never learn Chinese, never integrate, just badmouth Chinese and Kunming? What you think, guys?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@marcuschen
What do I think? I think you're an asshole! You are just starting this thread to inflame tempers. Stop it you asshole!

So they make thread about Chinese people (exact same thread), it ok. I make exact same thread by change Chinese to Western, and I am bad? I see how this place works.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

I think this is a trolling post. It suggests a xenophobic, wu mao approach to beginning a discussion. Underlying this topic is a set stereotypes being applied to the expat community with a broad brush, a la Matt Miller.

@marcuschen you ought to take a hard look in the mirror. Whatever you think of the other expats is simply you projecting your own half ass thinking.

@AlexKMG
It definitely isn't Matt. It's just a Chinese guy looking for attention and trying to practice his writing skills.

Explain, why ok for you to criticise China, but not ok for me criticize west? Just explain?

Everyone in the world criticizes about something from their own country and other countries. That's just human nature. Americans are fat. Too many depend on the government welfare system when they can actually work. There, are you happy?

paulwind6 (20 posts) • 0

@Marcuschen: I don't know in which occasions you have met foreigners in China but i don't believe the majority is the half of what you described. It is the generalities that are source of hate and "tempers inflame", not criticism.
Same as the generalities and critics on Chinese that come out regularly in different threads here, it is most of time abusive and exaggerated.
We guys need to learn to ponder.

A useless thread symmetrical to a useless original.

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

Marcuschen, Your state, "We have done posts on Chinese thinking and ways like "You think too much." You did not do this I did. That post got alot of thoughtful responses. My posts are not about criticism but about understanding different ways as different persons see them. It is certainly not about what is right or wrong.

Related forum threads

Login to post