GoKunming Forums

Westerner Thinking and Ways

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

if crazy is "doing the same think over and over and getting the same results" einstien said it i think. going to sals and being given the tablet, and then coming on here and one step short of being the tablet. does that qualify. never mind i am sure his mother loves him.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

part of western culture we will not smile and be obsequious to people or accept behaviors we dont like. we are most likely to make it obvious we aint appy

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

@marcuschen
...wouldn't you want to change or fix china's problems?
why is it such a big deal who wants to fix a problem.

china culture is where most western cultures were, in the beginning of the last century....exactly the same problems.

the reason is not that the western( or better non-chinese) method is better! but it is more efficient and effective...look up problem solving.
and in evolution only the most efficient andeffective will make it.

china if not changing, will lose the game and i am not talking about economy but much worse,even leading to ww3.

so don.t be so soft skinned. not everyone is complaining but sometimes criticism is a friendly reminder of rethinking. you wouldn't get so upset if a person tells you, that blue clothes don't look good on you and should wear green.

most chinese are happy with things. so they can whine and blame others like japan, usa...etc.

in short and in competition terms. if china doesn.t get its sh)t together we (all other countries) win (again).

so wouldn't it be nice?
not a war reference but to be honest, historically china and not foreign powers, screwed china over the most. and if you are happy with the way things are . ignore us,or go to websites trying to change things abroad. it isn't that china or chinese are not making a big fuzz about our internal affairs...e.g. the bloke from nepal visiting the state, embargoes after chinese companies flood the market illegally, weapons embargoes...all that. even though they haven't lived abroad or no business there.

china wants to get treated as a king while not educated about how to treat other kings. always want to be the winner even if there is no competition. i blame it on the 1child policy. everyone is a prince or princess....only words are ...me...me...me! if you disagree or say no, blame, curse, foreign devils....bla bla bla.

the way china is right now it is doomed. it will shine like a bright star for a few decades and then ....bang. and the remains and matter of the supernova will make new beautiful stars.

and people will remember how nice it was and that it imploded over it's face, selfbloated seldishness and importance.

the chouce is china's and china is so stro.g now that it doesn.t have to listen to anyone anymore. so if it wins or loses,noone else to blame but itself....oh i forgot, the face thing forbids. so i guess it will be japan or usa to blane again.lol

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

i forgot to add, i meant china as a culture a country.i didn.t mean to generalize. i know and met some of the smartest most brilliant people and they lean towards a more wester ...see hongkong...version of china. protecting it.s history and culture but open to western way of business,sciences and economy.
and it works. also they see that it's not for the convenience of a few foreigners but china and chinese are the ones most benefiting.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

marcus, your attitude and comments are not welcomed here. Go hang out at english corner and bugger off GoK.

Your elevator just doesn't go to the top floor.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

To get a feel for China and Chinese culture read THE PROBLEM OF CHINA by BERTRAND RUSSELL pub 1922. $0.00

Also THE CIVILIZATION OF CHINA, 1911, $0.00, China and the Chinese, 1875, $0.00, and HISTORIC CHINA, and CHINESE SKETCHES, 1902, $0.00, all by Herbert Giles

These can be downloaded free to a Kindle app.

Reading these old books will impress you that the Chinese have not changed much in the last 100 years. Also, many observations of Chinese we talk about are pretty similar to those of a century ago.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

You are right Geezer. There was even digouyou (gutter oil) during Qing dynasty. A lot of similarities - both good and bad ones. Actually the observations of Marco Polo (800 years back) particularly on Sichuan are so correct (even when mirroring on today) that if he didnt visit - as it is being debated - at least someone else did, and also did true observations.

For mmkunmingteacher I wish a nice summer, with plenty mixian.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Apologies in advance for the over-vernalization and stereo-typing - but IMHO, western civilization, culture, and thinking seems to focus on the rights of the individual and self improvement - possibly due to the sparsely populated societies of western culture and civilization.

In contrast, IMHO (In My Humble Opinion), China and China influenced cultures, such as Japan, seem more geared towards social behaviors and how individual actions affect the community, society, etc.

As an American - I frequently find many laws and restrictions in China confounding. I generally understand the reasoning and the philosophy - but it's still frustrating and confounding.

These issues occasionally pop up in multi-cultural relationships (aka marriages), business dealings, and personal behaviors.

However, that being said - China's a large community - history is full of individualists - we now call them heroes. One might also want to note - in Chinese history, heroes typically die horrible deaths.

Related forum threads

Login to post