GoKunming Forums

Yunnan Thinking and Ways

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

We have done posts on Chinese thinking and ways like "You think too much." How about Yunnan ways that are more unique to it? Good or not so good? Food, a tendency to over hot spice and over oil many foods? Business, never pay for knowledge or information?

marcuschen (178 posts) • 0

Hey, all cultures different right? No doubt Yunnan thinking is dfferent from your culture, but that make life interesting I think. I found American culture very strange, and thinking, in my year there., but I think this is English saying, variety is the spice of life :)

Also eat at 醉云南, you see good Yunnan food not over oily, but yeah we like spicy hehe

laofengzi (376 posts) • 0

dont forget the 100 types of gai fan, chao fan, pao fan. ooops also gai mian, chao mian, mian tiao, xiao guo mian, lu mian. i wont even mention mi xian, since its a common saying for being hungry to death..差一碗米线....

Then why come China? You don't understand Yunnan cuisin, much more than mixian, and even mixian hve many varieties. You just complain about things you don't even know about. Why come here andjust complain so much?

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

One de facto function of gokunming is that it offers a forum for people, who are otherwise very content, to let of steam occasionally. No doubt there are similar sites the world over. Once you understand this you might do what I do and simply don't 'come here and just complain so much..'..... about the complaining. It's as futile as going to a library and complaining about people reading books. GKM has its own unfathomable culture. It would be counter-productive to complain about the complaining in an aggressive way. Particularly by invoking that well worn cliche: 'Why come here?'

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@marchuschen
People don't necessarily come to Yunnan for the food. Most come for study or business or travel. Food is not the primary reason though of course one has to eat.

Sorry Liumingke but I do not agree. Yunnan food more than just oily mixian from one shop. Did you ever eaten at 1910, or 醉云南, or something like that? You can see Yunnan food lots variety, and even gourmet style.

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

This post has gone off track from my intentions.

How about Yunnan ways that are more unique to it? Positive ways?

The food mention was a question?? or guide to other things. Not criticism. Clearly many people like food this way especially in Yunnan.

Related forum threads

Login to post