GoKunming Forums

Retails for real imported alcohol?

Neal:) (6 posts) • 0

So i heard 90% of western alcohol beverages in Kunming are faked, is this true? Is there any retails that sell real imported alcohol? Im also looking for some best cocktails in town, any ideas? what about the prices?

marcuschen (178 posts) • 0

No that's not true. Some my friends are in that business and it is mostly real stuff, maybe some fake like anywhere.

Maybe in cheapo nightclub in poured drink it will be fake, but if you but in a nice store, it is real.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I asked a friend who is in the business. Response was that high-end bars will be real - Kundu is all fake. Metro is good.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

I wouldn't trust Walmart for buying liquor. I've bought some there and they turned out to be fakes.

I buy them from Metro now. They have a tighter and more consistent quality control.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

fake at big places like walmart is probablyh wher eone of the staff or managers swaped out the good stuff at the store

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Which means they don't have serious standards of supervision or hr.
I haven't experienced anything negative at Metro so far. Well, apart from the frozen fish that are filled with water and shrink 3x their size after cooking, but that's not harmful compared to the bleach water they spray on old chicken breasts at Carrefour.

Metro liquors are fine.

Related forum threads

Login to post