GoKunming Forums

Reasons for deportation

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

China is not a welcoming country to outsiders. To get a visa is a pain in the ass. What do you think about this situation:
www.yahoo.com/[...]

Do you agree of disagree with the verdict.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

The Australian government pre-supposes that the nurse's child cannot grow up to be a functioning, self-supporting autistic and will therefore become a drain on an already straining social welfare system.

The mother, however, is a taxpaying professional - so seems to me the Australian government is once again demonstrating they're NOT so civilized after all - all looks rather racist to me.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

the mother is, but the kid likely won't be. govts are pragmatic. i don't think it's racism. it's not humane, however. but neither is denying visas to a spouse for xyz reasons. the whole system needs a re-haul.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

This is a hard and sad case, but the rules sometimes fall harder on some than others. Governments often have blanket sets of rules which are easy to understand (by all) and easy to apply (by government officers). The downside is that there are 'hard cases'. To change the rules for a few hard cases, causes knock on problems. Also from an enforcement point of view, you start making exceptions and there will be a queue of people trying to be an exception. Managing these types of cases adds significantly to the workload of already overstretched government staff and is in itself a drain on taxes.
Its tough, by I do understand why cases like this occur.

darkone264 (108 posts) • 0

the mother has proven that she is able to raise this child and pay for his disability (special schools, private medical) so yes I think this is wrong. maybe the child would become a burden in the future but she will not and can take care of the child well into its adult years

Serrure (132 posts) • 0

As cruel as it may sound I agree with this verdict. It is very likely that this foreign child will become a financial burden for the Australian society. Goverment should put its citizens first and funding a foreigner who will never contribute to the country (for example by paying taxes) is pointless.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@Serrure
I tend to agree as well. Using children to allow policies to deteriote is a very popular tactic. Look what happen with all those children flooding into the US border beging sent on purpose by their parents. Childern are coach to say they have noone, blah, blah,blah. I'm not saying that we should've have 'compassionate cases' and this may very well be one of those. However, you have to be careful who you grant this status to.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

ideally there would be free movement to and from all countries, but that is not the case

Related forum threads

Login to post