GoKunming Forums

What don't you like about Kunming?

LaoNaiYangYu (27 posts) • 0

I hated it when I first arrived in KM because everyone seemed to be staring at me. But I've learnt a trick or two - now I spit in the most disgusting manner and snot up all over the place, and people just ignore me as if I'm a local. I love it.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Your spitting trick sounds like my bathroom trick. I enjoy a good pee on the street and it makes me look like a local as well. I am so grateful Kunming added so many more trees. I am terrible at squatting to dump without them.
Gotta cut this short so I can light up before I get into the bank!

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

We came here from Arizona - - where it is legal to wear a gun almost anywhere (except for bars and government offices). If everyone here wore a gun - - I think manners could/would improve overnight.

Tiger (66 posts) • 0

No one seems to have mentioned the infuriating rudeness of vehicles that ignore pedestrian crossings. That is why you'll see many vehicles on the road with a long scratch on their vehicles -- because they came too close to my feet ... and my sharp claws (keys).

atomic (156 posts) • 0

When I first came to China I also found it annoying that drivers ignored the pedestrians right of way at zebra crossings, but quickly realised that if they did then there would be huge traffic jams. The flow of pedestrians attempting to cross at these points simply doesn't stop. What they need to do is install more traffic lights particularly near schools, hospitals, etc.

hillaryrong (7 posts) • 0

you are tender,the city is tender: you are harsh,the city is harsh :you are open,the city is abundantly :you are passion,the city is friendly :you are lonely,the city is closed :you are cold,the city is frozen!

PerNordin (50 posts) • 0

Tiger: "No one seems to have mentioned the infuriating rudeness of vehicles that ignore pedestrian crossings. ..."
I was (as left-most part of a normal crowd) beginning to cross the pedestrian crossing at JinBi, as the light had just turned green for us and was red for traffic. A woman comes cycling down the street at full speed, in spite of it being red for her. She had to swerve as I and the rest started crossing, and she fell off her bike. I went up to assist her, but she started cussing at ME for having been in HER way, thus forcing her to swerve and thereby causing her to fall. :D
It seems some think "wow, it turned red for me 3 seconds ago, so if I really pick up speed these last 20 yards I can make it before the herd of pedestrians get a green light." And "its my right to make it". :)

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Being here almost 3 years. The main this I hate is the smoking,spitting and the "everybody get on the bus at the same time" syndrome. It cracks me up when the "ai xin ka" people want NOT only a free ride but they expect a SEAT too!

Related forum threads

Login to post