GoKunming Forums

Book Club Kunming

Gompo (152 posts) • 0

yes, i had the same question. where can we buy the book?

or anyone would.have a copy to lend. i am money broke, one reason being the chinese mafia having fucked and squatted my studio in paris.

i swear i ll take juridical process on chinese mafia. better justice than the eta of my homeland, euskadi, or brigate rosse of italy, who both have issues with mafia...

does mo yan talk about chinese mafia? they are powerful in china, arent they? but posters here barely never speak of them despite some posts on politics and corruption

Gompo (152 posts) • 0

138rmb is VERY expensive

anyone would have a copy to spare? i am totally broke. interested by the topic of the book but disgusted by the capitalist price

Gompo (152 posts) • 0

i would have loved to come and discuss mo yan and his expressions on history but poet gf first!

if any1 has a copy to spare afterward, please let me know!

o m mari pe meiyou
pro dyonysos/daonusoha philosophya?/?

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Gompo you're welcome to come tonight - if you haven't read the book you'll obviously be out of the discussion of it, but bring a book or two that you'd like us to read next time - we'll decide on the next book tonight - and then you'll be in the next round - next meeting will be in 2-3 weeks.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

The book club will meet next at 7:30 on Wednesday, May 20, upstairs at the Great Australian Bite, to discuss Love in the Time of Cholera, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Come early & eat there with us.

Lester (84 posts) • 0

Next meeting: Wed 3 June. We will read 2 H.P. Lovecraft novellas, "Shadow out of Time" & "At The Mountains of Madness." I will place 7 copies in Salvador's. E-copies are widely available on-line, too, and all out of copyright.

Lester (84 posts) • 0

I'm printing the books now. This Sat, today, I will place them in SALVADOR'S, next to the door, lower right side book shelf. Look for the AMAZING STORIES cover! 10 kuai each.

Related forum threads

Login to post