GoKunming Forums

GMO Poison

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@Neddy
If you had a choice whether to eat a organic apple vs. an GMO apple, which would you eat? Don't tell me you don't care.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

i think it's like the MSG debate. you'll probably find scientific research to support both sides of the argument.

scientists are working on creating chickens in labs as we speak.

neddy (277 posts) • 0

Liu, i would choose the organic apple, but only for the sake of flavor. I am just wondering if any peer-reviewed, published studies on GMOs have determined that they re dangerous.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

www.globalresearch.ca/[...]

Former Pro-GMO Scientist Speaks Out On The Real Dangers of Genetically Engineered Food

I retired 10 years ago after a long career as a research scientist for Agriculture Canada. When I was on the payroll, I was the designated scientist of my institute to address public groups and reassure them that genetically engineered crops and foods were safe. There is, however, a growing body of scientific research – done mostly in Europe, Russia, and other countries – showing that diets containing engineered corn or soya cause serious health problems in laboratory mice and rats.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

That's why they fight so hard to NOT LABEL what's inside. I'm not talking about just GMO's. THey know an educated consumer is NOT their best customers.

Anonymous Coward (329 posts) • 0

100% pure evil.

1. GMO tastes like shit
2. Hurts independent farmers
3. Drenched in pesticide (Roundup)
4. Could possibly be harmful to health

Nope. No problems there. There's money to be made, and we need keep the whole infinite population growth ponzi scheme going.

Enjoy your frankenchicken.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

The most important of all - GMO is patented which means ownership.

How about making GMO with terminator seeds - what is the purpose of this other then to monopolize food and have 1 sole owner - Monsanto. I am sure someone will say - But wiki says it is not commercially available - Really - get a tomatoe and put in the ground and see what comes out - its already out there.

In Germany they have already made GMO pigs and Monsanto owns the patent. Every baby pig with this gene belongs to Monsanto -

To believe people still debate what is obviously so clear and self evident.

And who owns the Seed Vault in Norway? Monsanto, Rockefeller and Bill Gates.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svalbard_Global_Seed_Vault

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.