GoKunming Forums

GMO Poison

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

There really isn't much to talk about in Kunming. After you've lived here a couple of years it's quite boring in my opinion. That's why people tend to discuss what they are interested in be that politics, polices, conspiracies, music, opinions, etc. Nobody is forcing anyone to read the threads. Heck noone is forcing anyone to even go to gokunming.com. Whatever floats your boat.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

www.fooddemocracynow.org/[...]

Chinese Military Officials Warn of Harm of Monsanto's Roundup Ready GMO Soy: Threat to 1.3 Billion Chinese People

In 2013, China imported 63.38 million tons of GM soybeans from USA and other countries.

During the past 20 years, the health level of the Chinese people has rapidly deteriorated with various diseases rapidly increasing.

Although weather, water pollution and other factors also exist, the harm from GM soybeans can not be eliminated.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

ok, good point.

www.nongmoproject.org/about-gmos-2/

In 30 other countries around the world, including Australia, Japan, and all of the countries in the European Union, there are significant restrictions or outright bans on the production of GMOs, because they are not considered proven safe.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Seems to me that's where it stands - in my opinion, the idea of GMO is not unrealistic, but the idea of releasing this stuff, with all the scary possibilities of what it could lead to, is highly irresponsible until & unless there is enough solid scientific evidence to allow good assurances that we're not being subjected to an unlivable future - and that evidence doesn't now exist.
On the other hand, the idea that some corporation (Monsanto) should be taking a cut from all of the world's future agricultural production is already about as despicable a scenario of the workings of global capitalism as I can imagine.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Freedom of choice. Hmm. I choose not to go swimming in my local pool because people pee in it. That does not mean the current situation is laudable.
I think there is a parallel here on GoKunming. And people have exercised their choice not to swim here any more. An excellent example of freedom of choice at work. Not something to be proud of IMHO.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

If you look at the comments of the articles here on GK you will realize that there are many people who read and comment but do not partake in the forums.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.