GoKunming Forums

New Laws on Foreign NGOs

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

There is a role for NGOs, there always has been. In the past they were just community groups, and some grew to helping people in other areas and became charities. To me, they reach NGO status when they are able to lobby and affect policy decisions, i.e. they become political.
Some NGOs are very politically, active, but most concentrate on helping people practically. The need to get involved in policy is a very important tool for change.

Perhaps it is the politicisation that makes governments uneasy.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@Ifoundthetuna
You hit on a very good point. Inspite of all their 5000 plus civiization it seems that all they can do really well is 'copy'. It like when a person who plays an instrument can play the notes correctly but have no 'soul' or 'feeling' in the music. China lacks 'the feeling' or 'soul' that goes behind creating something. Mind you not in ALL THINGS but in a lot of what they do. This is what I've notice. Just my opinion.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Seems to me the Chinese state and party do want to maintain overall control and advance their agendas. They also want both international NGOs and Chinese GONGOs. Since they are not fools, I'd guess they've reviewed the possibilities of NGO + CIA/whatever manipulation within China and have decided it's worth the risk. On this I tend to trust their judgement, though my own agenda is neither that of the Chinese state and Party nor that of any particular NGO or GONGO nor that of the CIA/US government/other nasties.
Campo, I'd still like to know about registration with the UN and don't understand why you give us directions to do our own research rather than present the results of your own by simply answering the question - if you can't, don't worry about it, just admit it, I won't attack you, though I reserve the right to disagree with you.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@Alien
Good points. My agenda is to live peacefully in China with my wife until I die. Live one with nature. hum......... Ha.Ha.

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

I also believe that the "secret foreign agenda" the party keeps talking about is really just a specter, an excuse for something else, much like the US government uses the specter of pedophiles to scare people into supporting increased internet monitoring and control.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Tuna the pig - you shut your face. You are getting on my nerves. Gatekeeping pig - shut your face! You are a true imbicile!

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@Xiefei: yeah, there are a lot of foreign agendas, unsurprisingly, but when the party comes up with some generalized one it's merely an attempt to manipulate the minds of the people to support their own. Pretty similar to the behaviour of many governments, present and past.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Tuna, do us a favor and don't bother to retaliate against Campo, ok? Wouldn't make you look good.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

He can not stop himself. If he does not make his insulting comments to me he would have nothing else to say or contribute in any way. I am glad you see that his sole purpose on this forum is to make a rebuttal to each of my posts. Every member on this forum can see it.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.