GoKunming Forums

New Laws on Foreign NGOs

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

Just saw this article on Global Times: www.globaltimes.cn/content/912721.shtml

Looks like they're drafting a new law on NGOs, and it may completely change the way foreign NGOs operate in China.

I know there are a lot of foreigners in Kunming working for various NGOs. What are your thoughts on it? Heard anything from the grape vine?

Discuss...

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Great! Its about time. China has long known that this is how the CIA get their foot in the door.

Unfortunately, 90% of the GOOD people who volunteer and do the work have no idea what is going on in their name.

Fact: All US embassies are guarded by Marines. The Marines know who is coming in to get a visa or passprt and they also know who is continuously coming for OTHER issues. These include both Americans as well as local nationals.

Ifoundthetuna (370 posts) • 0

@CAMPO
serious question, ....
i know you have been in the military but have you been in a combat unit, or one of the supporting unit, like logistics, engineers...etc.?

@xiefei
with the whole anti western policies it was just a matter of time for the whole NGO system to get the boot. i don.t think that litetally all NGO's are CIA run and deployment opportunities for agents. especially since many NGO's a not US based and would be unlikely to have ties to CIA.

it is sad and counterproductive and it will only hurt the people that the government already neglects and they know it. they will get mad at the gov. the gov will blame it on foreign influences. the circle closes and history repeating back to the 19th an 20th century's anti foreign sentiments.

easier to start armed conflicts,that way. lol

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

If I answered you, would you believe me?

If I answered you, how would you know if in fact it is a combat unit?

If I answered you, how would a civilian know the reply is factual?

What does a combat unit have to do with the ins and outs of Embassy Duty?

@ Campo
i am just curious.
btw you are civillian as much as i am, i think.
it.s easy to find out if it is or was a combat unit.

i am just wondering. plus i don.t think it really matters if i believe it or not. i mean would you mind if i did or not.

anyway i hope you will tell.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

1 - I would answer you, but that would violate my NO Talk rule and I am a man of my word.

2 - I would answer you, but you have been so NASTY to me for my beliefs and opinions on govt and vaccines.

3 - I would answer you, but you always come to the rescue of Neddy and I FEAR being tag teamed and STALKED by both of you.

Haha Hehe!!!

lol
you know how crazy that sounds,right?

cool, than we are even, you have insulted, attacked, have being nasty on my points of view.

i haven.t been helping neddy at all. or ALWAYS come to rescue.

i met him and shared what i saw. i think he can handle himself quite well. i am just not a friend of bashing someone, that is using proper netiquette also his views are sometimes off. i agreed with one point he had and said that his story may be true although it may sound unbelievable. i would consider that neutral.

according to.you own rule you have aleady answered twice and directed a post at me. if thats breaking your word or if that rule is obsolete is up to you.

so is that a no?

neddy (277 posts) • 0

HFCAMPO, I can assure you that I know who you are and many other things about you. But, unlike you, I do not stalk people, and I do not post their personal information on the internet, as it is immoral and unethical.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

www.gokunming.com/en/forums/thread/11740/nasty_habits?page=17

1 - As you can clearly see, I was not the first to post your information as I knew nothing about it.

2 - Since you already have a website, it is absolutely ridiculous as it was you who first posted the site about yourself anyway.

3 - I had a travel website for 6 years and everyone who read it knew everything about me so I simply can not understand how posting your own website violates any rules or ethics.

As always, all you ever say is completely illogical. Then you say you know many things about me and makes me wonder who is stalking who.

As for me, I know nothing about you and have no desire to know anything about nor I wish to meet you in person ever for dinner or any other issue.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.