GoKunming Forums

10 year visa for US and Canada from Thailand/HK?

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@Queen: My guess is this will work, and I know of another place or two as well, as I got a one-year visa through one of them - but for the 10-year visa, if it involves mailing the passport to the US/Canada and if the PRC doesn't like this practice and if they catch you, you could screw yourself.
On the other hand, the HK places I know about are very savvy and have been dealing with the vagaries & changes in PRC visa regulations for decades.
So I strongly advise somebody else to try it and tell me what happens.

AlexKMG (2385 posts) • 0

Make sure to ask very clearly if you can get 90 days and not 60 days per stay. I suspect it will be arbitrary with a very strong tendency to issue 60 days. However, HK agents have connections, so sometimes they get things you can't get applying yourself. At 60 days per stay, it's better to opt for visa situation with a residence permit or move to Shenzhen or Xiamen.

I would definitely like to hear a story where someone got a 90 day per stay 10 year visa issued outside the USA. I'm still not sure if they can issue more than 60 days per for that 10 year even applying in the USA.

darkone264 (108 posts) • 0

for us canadians we have to go to or mail to one of the 4 visa issuers in Canada according to the website it says 10 year visa with a maximum 30 days stay.

perhaps work/residence is different I will ask when I go back to do my visa next month. I'm on a 1 year buisness

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@darkone: Which website says it's okay to MAIL your passport (from abroad, or within Canada?) to 'one of the four visa issuers' (I suppose these are the embassy and 3 consulates, is that right?) for a 10-year visa - is this a PRC government website or what? Does this work for a 10-year tourist visa? What kind of 10-year visa are you referring to?

darkone264 (108 posts) • 0

china.visacenter.c a/ is the website the 4 visa offices use in Canada you must apply for visas there when you are in Canada I am not sure if you can mail from abroad but I am pretty sure you can mail in an application if you are in Canada and live far away from the offices, eg sask, or PEI

here is a website that says the 10 year option is for L,M,S2,Q2 and each stay can be 180 days maybe email the first website and ask for information
www.travelchinaguide.c o m/embassy/canada.htm

Related forum threads

Login to post