GoKunming Forums

10 year visa for US and Canada from Thailand/HK?

ksmcqueen (96 posts) • 0

Does anyone have any experience getting the new 10-year visas for US and Canadian passport holders from a third country, such as Hong Kong, Thailand, Taiwan, etc?

Thanks
ps 10-year visas for Canadians just started 3 days ago

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

i thought the 10 yr vias was a business visa. not residents. so you can come and go as often as you want but limited stay each time. emphasis on you must go you cant stay indefinate

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

There is a new 10 year category for returning Chinese from overseas - but - they need to be 60 or older. My wife is waiting a few more years for that. Of course they'll probably change the rules again by then.

KsmcQueen - it's good to hear they've added the 10 year visa for Canadians. The Canadian 10 year passport has been available for 2 years now.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I think the new 10-year visa is a tourist visa and must be applied for within the US (and/or Canada), no?

darkone264 (108 posts) • 0

when i looked yesterday the 10 year visa requires you to leave every 30 days, it said for all visa types though I imagine residence doesn't have the 30 day requirement.

this is for Canadian passports and processing the visa in Calgary it wouldn't suprise me if the vancouver, toronto, offices are the same

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

10 year visa is the tourist visa that was just implemented. Before you had to reapply every year to get a tourist visa which was a hassle for many tourist and business people.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

My understanding is that you only have to leave every 3 months with the 10-year tourist visa, and that it is not a 'residence permit'.

ksmcqueen (96 posts) • 0

You can get the 10-year visa for tourist or business, no residence permit. You do have to leave every 60-90 days. But do you have to go back to USA/Canada to get it, or can it be gotten in HK or Thailand?

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

The ten year visa for US and Canada citizens, allows either 60 or 90 days.

One friend recently received his in Laos, but his passport isn't full of endless pages of tourist visas. I have a feeling that applying from outside your home country will be somewhat arbitrary

Related forum threads

Login to post