GoKunming Forums

Apple's smart watch

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

How many Chinese do you think will buy this piece of junk? Unbelievable what Apple sheeple are willing to buy. They say it has a battery life of 18 hours which probably means 12 hours and you can't even change the battery. Ha!Ha!

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

why, are the ipod, ipad, iphone and macbook crap? expensive maybe. but they get there first with the innovations.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

No surprise we have the first sheepleto respond. Ha. Ha.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

The concept and pricing are ludicrous - should do well in China, where people are obsessively focused with their image of affluence - Starbucks and derivative coffee shops are a ludicrous hit (seriously - paying over ¥20 for a cup of coffee?), so I expect the Apple watch will be quite trendy to have for both school children, KTV hostesses, and others obsessed with the illusion or image of affluence.

Note - an affluent Chinese woman recently remarked that LV is now a "secretary's" name brand - which really ticked off the LVMH group - owners of the LV brand (LV = Louis Vuitton).

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I find that the only products that I own that actually get anywhere near the stated battery life are made by Apple. Every PC laptop and android product have been lies when it comes to stated battery life.

Also, pretty much every Apple and Sony product I own still turns on and functions. That can't be said for stuff from Asus, Acer, and HP.

I'm not going to buy an Apple watch for myself, but if I needed a gift for someone, I'd only consider Apple or Moto watches. Rest seem like junk after reading reviews, mostly cause of poor battery life.

CromsonCromson (145 posts) • 0

@AlexKMG

Still you have to admit paying half of the price for the brand. Just check out XiaoMi 小米 Tablet for example, same screen as iPad Mini, lots of space (64GB), high quality, real nice Android based OS for a reasonable price. Oh and battery life depends mostly on the apps, functions you're using on a daily basis...

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

yeah, they COPIED someone else's innovation.

R&D costs companies a lot of money.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

@Cromson
Well Apple does rip you off on memory, but another reason they cost more is because their warranty service is pretty fantastic. Also, some people love the fingerprint unlock and can't go back. But Qualcomm should be able to provide that to android ecosystem soon.

XiaoMi can't sell outside China. They got sued in India even and had to backdown. But XiaoMi in China has come a long way since the days of advertising a phone with top specs and low price online but delivering six months later. Now you can walk into a XiaoMi store.

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

Definitely not on my shopping list but already heard a few Chinese people talking about buying it and asking me if I was lol

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Oh, also, I don't think this should contribute to paying a premium for Apple, but for some reason Apple products still hold reasonable value when you sell them. I'm always really happily surprised at what I can sell my used Apple stuff for on ebay. When I see the price my used PC or android stuff fetches, I laugh or cry.

Related forum threads

Login to post