GoKunming Forums

Fireworks?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Taking a poll - Should Kunming join a host of other cities that have banned or put restrictions on fireworks? Yes or No?

There is an article titled A Quiet Spring Festival? I can not open it but it seems like a good topic for discussion.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I thought there already was a ban on explosives in the city, but if so it's not being enforced.

I've noticed these idiots like to let their rockets off within a few meters of the tent where the explosives are being sold. All it would take is one little stray spark to send the whole thing up and blow out my windows.

neddy (277 posts) • 0

No. Fireworks are a vibrant, noisy, festive display of Spring Festival. Getting rid of them would make things more boring, in my opinion. I came to China for a different, colorful, vibrant experience. I do not want China to become like Salt Lake City: quiet, whitebread, boring,and bland. Let China be China, I say.

Now as for safety issues, yes, I can understand the need for fireworks and firecrackers to be used in a responsible and safe manner. But I would never want them to be eliminated.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

did anyone open the website on the home page of GK?

There definitely should be a time requirement and the imbiciles set of a string of firecrackers inside the stairwells of buildings - this should definitely not be allowed.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

There are also some very big and loud Single firecrackers - that are more like an explosive. They really have a loud punch and they set off the car alarms for a large area.

Just like the pictures of Christmas in Nanping Jie a few weeks ago with the cans of snow - who cleans up the mess?

I am happy to see that more and more cities are banning the fireworks. Then you have the noise by dogs who can not bear the noise.

I agree that fireworks should be allowed for 1 day - Chinese New Year - But not the entire 15 day and longer that usually goes on.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Wel...there are the morons around the corner who were lighting off those thundering, but colorful sky rockets from about 2am-4am (every hour) - drove my wife nuts - but the babies in the surrounding apartments seem to have slept through them (no wailing, screaming, or crying detected).

I'm still continually amazed that we can purchase some seriously dangerous explosives off the street though...

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

There should be a ban on some types that are more like explosives than fireworks.

Time to write a letter to the Mayor's Hotline.

Otto Melon (46 posts) • 0

You want to ban this, you want to ban that. You ought to go and live in the United Nannydom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland where virtually everything vaguely dangerous, fattening, politically incorrect, etc. is banned. Then you might appreciate what we have here in KM a bit more.

Related forum threads

Login to post