GoKunming Forums

Residence Permit - 2015 only

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

In case for my wife in Kunming, the delivery time was 20 days. I think that is the official "maximum days" in which PSB must process it, and it was ready at least 1 day faster.

I think that your wife will know. She will probably need the rent contract or other document proving that she has residence in Shenzhen.

valpa (13 posts) • 0

Thanks again for the information, i'll check with the chinese embassy in Paris what kind of Visa I need to apply to before coming to China

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Went to PSB to renew my visa (Residence Permit). Things went smooth as silk. Now that my wife has a Kunming Hukuo she does not have to go get a Kunming ID and this is really a time saver.

1 - Visa Application + photo on 1st floor (30 Yuan).
2 - Passport with copy of last Residence Permit and copy of last entry and exit into China.
3 - Marriage Book + copy.
4 - Local police Registration Form + copy.
5 - Wife's ID card + copy.
6 - Wife's Hukou + copy.
7 - Invitation letter from my wife - written in Chinese - I have a copy if anyone needs it.

1 year RP = 400 RMB
2 year RP = 800 + 400 for physical

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@HCAMPO
Thanks for posting the current requirements.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

New change - the wait time is now 2 weeks rather than 1 week as it was in the past - so be prepared to go without a passport for 2 weeks - Carry a copy of your passport + the receipt.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

What could be the main reasons why a foreigner married to a Chinese national would be denied a Resident Permit? I have read a few online stories where even foreigners with children are denied a visa.

Anonymous Coward (329 posts) • 0

How does this 10 year card work? If you can get it through either marriage or long term employment then is it legal to work in China with this card? If the answer is no, is it possible to hold this card and a proper work permit simultaneously?

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

In Hong Kong, 10-year visa, at least for Americans, can be had from China Travel in Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, in 24 hours for US$500 - was told this there this morning. Cheaper if you wait a few days, but I didn't get the price. There was a guy there applying for one.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@yankee
Anything that falls under the general moniker "public nuisance" to include:

1. Overstaying your Visa REPEATEDLY.
2. Drunk & disorderly
3. Criminal behavior (fighting, assault, etc).
4. Illegal activities - such as anti-government protests, overt proseltyzing, illegal fundraising, etc.
5. Big no-no - drugs - both consuming and dealing.
6. Not paying your taxes
7. You pissed off someone at your english school and they secretly notified PSB that your visa and job have been revoked.
8. Terror related activities.

The list is endless - but all fall under the general umbrella of "public nuisance".

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

alien, can you get more information about that 10 year visa?

Related forum threads

Login to post